Autodesk Maya 2014 Essentials: Autodesk Official Press Paperback – 9 Jul 2013
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Learn Maya Quickly and Easily
Featuring step–by–step tutorials, full–color illustrations, and hands–on exercises, this practical guide gets you up to speed on core Maya topics such as modeling, texturing, animating, rigging, lighting, rendering, and setting a scene. You′ll develop real–world skills, get comfortable with Maya workflows, and increase your productivity, whether you′re new to Maya or migrating from another 3D application. And, not only does this book thoroughly cover the fundamentals of Autodesk Maya, it also gives you a good start in preparing for the Autodesk Maya 2014 Certified Professional exam.
Learn these Autodesk Maya essentialsand more:
- The Maya 2014 interface, menus, and tools
- Simple animationset keyframes, adjust tangents, and create playblasts
- Modeling with polygonsbodies, faces, and cleanup before rigging
- Adding character with blend shapes and surfaces
- Building bone structure, adding joints, and weighting joints
- Rigging, animating, and lighting basics
- How to render and composite an animation
- Setting the camera and setting up your scene
Model, rig, and animate a character
Build a set, apply surfaces, and light the scene
This striking Essentials book features:
- Chapter–opening learning objectives
- Step–by–step tutorials
- Full–color screenshots and illustrations
- Essentials and Beyondsummaries and additional suggested exercises
- Downloadable exercise files
About the Author
Paul Naas is a professional animator and educator. He runs the Multimedia and Computer Graphics program at Canada College in Redwood City, California, and has done animation work for companies such as Disney, Cisco, bZillions/C2 Gaming, and the Children′s Discovery Museum. He is also a professional cartoon artist. Paul has a Master of Fine Arts in Animation from the Academy of Art University, San Francisco.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Got this first for reference reading.
The reason I subtracted one star is that I would have liked it to have gone into just a little more depth with respect to rendering, lighting and textures. While I understand there are whole books on the subject, the chapters in this book fall a little short regarding those topics.I would let that dissuade you from purchasing the book however.
Changes some items around from the 2013 version to streamline it perfectly.