on 7 February 2011
I found this book amazing. It's funny but I came in contact with this book through searching about the rastafarian movement. whilst I heard of the man Emperor Halie Sallassie I, I never sort to find out about him. Watching his coronation did that. Whilst I had to get my head around the names, (although some of them are familiar in my own family) it has inspired me to further seacrh not only about the man but how his influence and wisdom (his ethos on life dvelopement and progression) has influenced the world. This in event has led me to look at other books that are revealing more than what I thought I was trying to understand.

For me this book has linked me to an historical time with its biblical reference that I can identify with that has given an even greater prospective on questions of social liberation(I totally get it). (I know for me, its hard enough being a women, mother and black, I can not imagen what it might be to have the lives of a nation / country in your hand) His greatness as a black king is significant and undoubtable.

I have been nothing but enthused from the moment I opened this book which subsequently has led me on to open other books and footage.

I would never describe this book as a good read, I would say it's amazing.
on 7 December 2006
As I am seeking the Knowledge of Fari and My King, this book was very revealing. Even though I thougth it was a bit difficult to read at the beginning, after a few chapters, I could not put it down. It reveals the true story of Ethiopia and it's people, their strenght, their sadness, their joys. I recommend that anyone interested in Rastafari and Ethiopia should read this book. You will have no regards. Bless.
on 26 November 2010
This is a bit long-winded but other than that it's interesting to those interested in Emperor Haile Sellassie I. More historical than religious or spiritual, I'd advise those interested in Rastafarianism to go for something like The Holy Piby or The Kendra Nagast if that's what they're after but this is still an invaluable book if you wish to learn about the life of Haile Sellassie I. I haven't finished reading it yet, as I say it's a bit long-winded, but then it is an autobiography and not meant to be particularly gripping or entertaining, it's more of an educational book really, so if like me, you want to educate yourself about Haile Sellassie then this book is for you. Bless.
on 11 February 2015
a classic to be read by everyone
on 2 December 2012
An amazing autobiography from His Imperial Majesty - Fulljoyed it thoroughly - My brother took it off me as soon as I finished and I will surely read it again - Buy it!!!!
on 6 February 2015
bought this for my son, whose is interested in biographies of this ilk!
on 1 September 2015
Good quality book & product.
on 29 January 2015