- Paperback: 1104 pages
- Publisher: Sybex; 1 edition (16 Aug. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118575105
- ISBN-13: 978-1118575109
- Product Dimensions: 18.5 x 6.1 x 23.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (4 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
564,908 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #163 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Computer Aided Design
- #612 in Books > Computers & Internet > Computer Science > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- #1478 in Books > Computers & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- See Complete Table of Contents
AutoCAD 2014 and AutoCAD Lt 2014: No Experience Required: Autodesk Official Press Paperback – 16 Aug 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
This engaging book is the perfect step–by–step approach to Autodesk′s powerful AutoCAD architectural design software. Popular AutoCAD expert and "CAD Geek" blogger Donnie Gladfelter helps you quickly build skills as you proceed through a continuous, hands–on AutoCAD tutorial the design of a small cabin.
Follow each exercise in order, or, if you prefer, jump in at any stage by downloading just those data files you need from the book′s website. Either way, you can set your own pace as you learn how to best use and apply AutoCAD. You′ll receive a thorough grounding in AutoCAD fundamentals, master the very latest industry standards and techniques, and quickly become productive with AutoCAD 2014.
- Start using basic AutoCAD commands and set up your own drawings right away
- Get up to speed on the latest AutoCAD 2014 features, such as file tabs and geographic location
- Follow an extended tutorial the design of a summer cabin and learn all tools and functions
- Develop smart drawing strategies that help you operate more efficiently
- Use layers, objects, blocks, groups, elevations, hatches, and multiline text effectively
- Confidently create, assemble, and manage a complete set of design documents
- Develop 3D models, add lighting or shadows, and render and output to a file
Workflow–based exercises help you learn how to apply essential techniques
Assemble multiple drawings into a complete set of design documents
Apply advanced modeling tools to create 3D visualizations from 2D layouts
About the Author
Donnie Gladfelter is a highly visible and respected thought leader in the CAD community. He is well known for the CAD Geek blog (www.thecadgeek.com), has written many articles for AUGIWorld magazine, and is a popular speaker at Autodesk University and other industry events. He has worked with the development team at Autodesk to help shape future versions of AutoCAD, and the company has featured him on many occasions, including in numerous video interviews. Donnie also helps empower CAD professionals locally and across the world as a Business Development Manager for CADD Microsystems (an Autodesk Platinum Partner) and as a former member of the Autodesk User Group International Board of Directors.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
All isn't lost however as some trial and error proves effective as the program is very forgiving, thanks to Undo and Redo you can play all day and do no harm, but that isn't why I bought the book. If I wanted to learn this way I could have saved myself the price of the book!
After a timeout for some of the more boring aspects of creating drawings the book continues with other commands, but these are dealt with within the context of an architectural project, drawing a cabin layout. This is fine for those that want to do similar work as you are shown how to use commands to create various aspects of the drawing, but if you wish to work in a different field you are going to struggle. Not only is it difficult to locate the command you want, it isn't enough to know what you want to do but also what the command that will do it is called, but the commands are used in a limited way, for example to create a door, rather than looking at them in any depth. Sadly I found myself using the internet after a mere tenth of the book which makes it an expensive purchase.
I want a book that gives me the basics, so that I can walk, and then deals with things in more depth so that I can run and this isn't it, at least not for someone not working in the architectural field. I may find myself revisiting it once I get a degree of competence with AutoCad, but I won't be doing that by relying on the book.