The Autistic Brain Paperback – 27 Mar 2014
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"An extraordinary source of inspiration for autistic children, their parents - and all people." (Time)
"The Autistic Brain can both enlighten readers with little exposure to autism and offer hope and compassion to those who live with the condition." (Scientific American)
"Grandin has reached a stunning level of sophistication about herself and the science of autism. Her observations will assist not only fellow autistics and families with affected members, but also researchers and physicians seeking to better understand the condition." (Jerome Groopman The New York Review of Books)
"Grandin has helped us understand autism not just as a phenomenon, but as a different but coherent mode of existence that otherwise confounds us…She excels at finding concrete examples that reveal the perceptual and social limitations of autistic and "neurotypical" people alike." (New York Times)
Understanding the autistic brain by 'one of the most accomplished and well-known adults with autism in the worldSee all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
My only concern was a lack of clarity with regards to what someone with an ASD should or should not be expected to do. One example is: on the one hand, we are told to avoid situations which trigger our sensory overload, while on the other, we are told to desensitise ourselves. Which is it? Probably a bit of both, I'm sure, but I, personally, need an explicit description of the threshold, please!
We have a lot to learn from Temple Grandin; she is a super hero.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
For anyone interested in knowing about Autism this is a must, straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.Published 2 months ago by Patrick McDonnell
Not, not, not a book for the general reader. Far more hardcore than other books by this author that I have read. Read morePublished 3 months ago by nutcase
An excellent book by Temple Grandin that explores the Autistic Brain and the day to day difficulties encountered by individuals with Autism. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Easy to read and understand, no unnecessary 'jargon' and an excellent insight into Autism.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
I'm a big fan of her now. Also watched a lot of her YouTube video and film. The book is quite academic with latest research reviews.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
Temple Grandin has been a great role model for people n the autistic spectrum almost all her adult life, a fact celebrated in the recent movie about her entitled Temple. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Tweedledum
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Child & Developmental Psychology
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > SEN Teaching > Learning Difficulties
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues > Popular Medicine
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Neurology & Clinical Neurophysiology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Pregnancy & Childcare > Children's Health & Nutrition > Autism
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Social & Developmental Psychology > Child & Developmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Education > Teaching Aids
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Neurology