- Paperback: 132 pages
- Publisher: Cambridge University Press (9 Feb. 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9814289523
- ISBN-13: 978-0521626644
- ASIN: 0521626641
- Product Dimensions: 15.2 x 0.7 x 22.9 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 205,313 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Authority and Disorder in Tudor Times, 1485-1603 (Cambridge Perspectives in History) Paperback – 9 Feb 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
The Tudor period was turbulent, characterised by political strife, religious change, wars, economic catastrophe, social disorder and rebellion. Paul Thomas examines the challenges they presented to Tudor monarchs. He considers the extent to which the Tudor government sought to establish lasting order, and the means by which authority and order were imposed and maintained at all levels in society. Topics covered include: law and power; the church, religion and authority; informal authority; the mid-Tudor crisis and Tudor rebellions; the Celtic nations; and Elizabeth I and the recovery of the monarchy. The text contains a range of primary sources.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education Studies & Teaching > School Education & Teaching > Lesson planning > Teaching of Specific Subjects
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > England
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > The Plantaganets & Medieval England
- Books > History > World History
- Books > School Books
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Education Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Young Adult > Education & Reference
- Books > Young Adult > History > General