on 9 December 2016
I have had this some time now and still very pleased with it. I had one before this and all it did was get jammed up - this one never fails me

There is a knack though - if you have a lot of paper to shred, I find that you start increasing the amount as you feed it in because you get bored or think that it is going in too easy..... Don't be fooled - keep plodding with a few sheets only or it does get jammed. As I say to my Son all the time - "Less is more".

I have thrown paper in it, stapled paper, card, envelopes, DVD's, credit cards, It doesn't like plastic pouches (A4 sort for paper) as it gets mangled in the cruncher and if you have been doing a lot - it gets hot and melts them!! Not quite sure I even did it in the first place!

The bin holds a fair bit, but a definite improvement would be to have latches on the side to hold the bin to the cruncher, as I keep picking the thing up to take it somewhere leaving the bin part behind..... It just sits on the top.

All in all, a good buy for my 'personal use' shredding. I would want something more hefty if I had a business and was needing it daily.
on 3 May 2012
This shredder sports a high gloss black finish - all my other peripherals have this same colour/gloss finish (scanner, printer, ps3, my creature speakers!), so this complements all other equipment perfectly.

As regards to the shredding itself - it is satisfactory. I have yet to use it for CDs or credit cards - but to be honest I do not see the point in using this for those items (I don't need to shred CDs, and cutting a credit card across a chip does not need a lot of effort?).

PROS:

- Portable
- High quality gloss black finish (same as the PS3)
- Satisfactory shredding - cross cuts (i.e. doesn't just leave long strips)
- Does CDs and credit cards
- Will happily shred documents with staples

CONS:

- slightly noisier than the professional shredders you have at work
- you can hear it struggle with documents over 5 sheets thick (8 is the limit).

Overall: for the budget, I can't complain. This does the job :)
on 4 April 2017
Replacement for original purchase that was faulty on delivery. Worked for a while and then became defective outside of 1 year warranty period. Contacted Aurora to ask how long these machines are expected to last, having received no response to original emails upon chasing again Aurora said a minimum of 3 years but as outside of their warranty period unable to replace. Decided to buy alternative product.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 August 2014
I got this after an old shredder got to its end of life.
This shredder, out the box does the job like a champ. Eats up paper easily an d ate through my credit card and CDs like there's no tomorrow.
Really simple to use and really well made - the container is also big enough for quite a few hundred sheets to be shred.

Finally - it is also quite silent unlike other shredders and shreds at a fast pace.
on 29 July 2017
Quick delivery. Shredder works well. Shredder is coping a lot better than the previous (Not Aurora) shredders which eventually failed after medium use. This shredder appears to be more solid and better quality. Still going strong and shredding well.
on 11 May 2017
I have waited a while before reviewing to see if there are any problems, and I am happy to say it's great, fast and quiet. It groans a bit on credit cards and CD's but still does the job. Good value.
on 20 July 2017
Still working for me ,well no problems at all
.thanks w lester
on 10 December 2013
My old strip shredder was about to give up the ghost, and would only take one sheet of paper at a time. This is a dramatic improvement, works exactly as described. Good, solid construction. Recommended.
on 9 April 2017
Jams extremely easily. It's also only good for 1 sheet at a time. Very poor performance.
on 17 November 2013
Solid build, not too noisy, takes credit cards and paper clips, reliable and eats paper with no problems. Have had others before but this is the best one and they company are very good to deal with if you need them throughout the warranty. Highly recommended !!