on 4 September 2014
After wrecking the side mounted micro USB ports on the past two phones I've owned, I decided to buy this wireless charger for the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 devices I currently own and so far it's performed flawlessly, I have absolutely no complaints about it whatsoever.

It's light, compact, it has a rubberised edge on both sides so any device placed on it won't accidentally slide off or the charger slide off a table. The LED glows red when the charger is on standby and flashes green when it's charging a device. It's comes with two micro USB cables (short and long), perfect for me - thoroughly recommended!
on 26 November 2014
I don't have a huge amount of experience with Qi chargers, just this and the official LG G3 dock. However, I can say that this seems to be a decent bit of kit.

It's fairly solidly built, comes well packaged in a box with a couple of USB cables (one long, one short). There are rubber circles on both the bottom and top, so it doesn't slip or slide around and my phone stays put.

It's also pretty compact - roughly the size of the bottom of a standard nonic pint glass - so easily transportable. It's a good size for phones, perhaps a little small for tablets as it disappears behind them and you can't easily see the status LED - however, it does work just fine.

Some people have said the LED is too bright. I've not found it to be a problem and have slept in the same room as it without finding it disturbing.

Overall, well worth the money. It's so much easier to just plonk your phone down on it rather than making the effort to dig out a USB cable to charge. Max output is 1A so your phone probably won't charge as quickly, but overnight will do the job.
on 1 May 2015
Early days, but so far I'm really quite happy with this unit.

It has two rubber rings on the top and bottom of the unit so neither your phone nor the unit itself slides around. It's quite small and discreet.

You have a red LED to show when it has power, which turns to green when it's charging.

One thing I noted - I wanted to pop this beside my bed. To do this I need to use a longer USB cable (around 3m) attached to a 2A output USB plug.

This is the charger and cable I use to charge my handset normally without any issue but it would appear it simply doesn't deliver enough current or the voltage drop is just too high for this unit (I am _not_ blaming the unit for this), so just be aware of that.

It's now sat on my desk at work and means not only does it charge but if I get a call there are no wires to mess around with - pick it up, use it, put it back, charging.

Love it so far.

You do get two USB cables in the box, too - a short one and a long one. Both work a treat on a 1A USB plug and from a laptop, even.
on 18 March 2015
I bought this because my Nexus 5 usb port died, but now I'm wondering why on earth I didn't get one a year ago (if I'd done so, I'd probably still have a working USB port right now ...) This unit works perfectly (and, more importantly, silently) in my hands.

One thing I was slightly worried about going on past reviews was sound -- thankfully, this charger has no speaker and makes no sound when charging. Note that *the phone* will make a noise upon wireless charging, but this is easy to fix via an app if you're rooted (I'm using "ChargeNotify" from the play store, but there are probably others out there).

It does have an LED, that goes from steady red to flashing green when charging; however, the LED is very, very dim. I have it on the floor beside my bed, and I can't detect any light from it at all at night. (Given previous reviews which have had to cover the LED up with tape, I can only think that Aukey changed their design recently -- if you covered the LED up with tape on my unit, you wouldn't see it at all!)

Finally, some other reviewers complained about heat. I don't know if I just got lucky with my phone and/or the charger, but my Nexus 5 charges without heating at all (it's actually noticeably cooler than charging by USB). Charging times seem good -- a little slower than using the USB cable directly (I think charging to full from 20% took about two hours), but that was always expected.

Overall, this is a brilliant little charger that does everything I want and nothing I don't want. It's a minor point, but it also came very nicely presented in professional and elegant packaging -- little details that give me confidence that the unit is likewise well made.
on 4 July 2015
I have purchased Aukey products before and their attention to detail, packaging and service is excellent, not to mention that the products themselves are well manufactured and do exactly what is described, for these reasons I chose this wireless charger above all others listed. I am more than happy with its performance and aesthetics, and once again product packaging was excellent. The blinking LED is a bonus and charging time seems to be on average the same as wired, however I do not use a case for my note3 so the back of the phone is in direct contact with the charger. I also purchased the qi pad for my note3 to convert it, also by Aukey simple to fit and works like a charm. This whole package is excellent and I will be looking to use Aukey again should I require any more mobile accessories.
on 15 December 2014
This charger works well with my Nexus 4. The charging time seems about the same as it was when plugged directly in. It's a real bonus not to have to get that connector into the socket with the possibility of damaging it.
An added bonus is that it will charge perfectly with the protective bumper case on. I had really expected to have to take the case off for charging so this is worth a 6th star!
Now with version 5 of android running I only need to change every 3 days anyway but this is a great buy at a good price.
The only negative is the appalling English in the manual - a complete waste of time. Surely there are people in China who can write better English than this?
Now after a few weeks of use I can only say that this charger still impresses. It's magic!!
on 7 October 2014
with the Nexus 5, the Aukey T20 provides power without being extra fussy about placement of the phone. It also provides power with aa considerable gap between charger and phone (~1cm) so charging through a case or car mount is possible.

It draws up to 9 watts from the mains (through my 1.2A charger that came with the Nexus 5, and Aukey's cable), which is more than direct wired charging (7.5watts), and it charges slower than wired (~70% of wired charging speed). With the phone charged, but with the LED torch on, it drew 5watts directly on top and 7 watts with a 1cm gap. I couldn't gauge if it also charged slower with the 1cm gap or just used more electricity.

Also, it is possible a higher amp rated mains-to-usb charger would allow a higher wattage and therefore shorter charge times.

The Nexus 5 shows "charging wireless" when on the puck.

The puck is exactly the same width as the phone.

I am building it into my car dock, so it might charge quicker as I can supply up to 2 amps in there.
on 10 January 2015
Great little device, simplifies day to day life! Like other reviewers, I've damaged previous phone micro-USB ports through frequent plugging/unplugging so was excited to see this was available for the Nexus 5.

The diameter's about the same as the width of the Nexus 5, so the phone sits neatly on top and is held in place with the green rubber ring (even in the car, I found). A second ring is on the base to keep the pad in position, although it is fairly light and can move from the pull of the cable when a phone isn't placed on top.

There is a small LED on the front of the unit, which I found too distracting at night when it flashes during charging. Like another reviewer, I covered it up with a dark label - it's still visible if I look at it, but no longer lights up the room. Instead, an Android app to flash the LED when it starts charging worked much better so I could see when putting down the phone that it was working.
on 13 October 2014
Brilliant little gadget, well packed. Charges quickly and withiout the need to plug directly into your phone. I just plonk my Nexus 5 onto it, it gives a notification sound and the light changes from red to flashing green. I held back one star because (as someone else found) mine doesn't turn off when it's almost charged - 100% charge and still flashing away. But for the price, and for something so discreet and well made, it's a minor complaint. Can't fault the service, packing etc. I was notified by email when it was dispatched, and again when it was out for delivery.
on 19 October 2015
Arrived very fast thanks to Amazon. The unit charges my Nexus 4 with a busted charging port once you place the device on it. I would say it takes a bit longer time to recharge the phone than if it was plugged into the wall directly.

The only bit of negative is that the charger has an annoying blinking light when it's charging and if it is at night in a bedroom, it can be annoying to say the least. Otherwise it does the job nicely.