Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£7.99|
Save £2.00 (25%)
Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
This price was set by the publisher.
Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
"Not only a companion to Wonder, but a wonder in itself." Praise for WONDER: #1 New York Times bestseller A School Library Journal Best of Children's Books A Publishers Weekly Best of Children's Books A Kirkus Reviews Best of Children's Books A Booklist Best of Children's Books Wonder is essentially ... a wonder. It's well-written, engaging, and so much fun to read that the pages almost turn themselves. More than that, Wonder touches the heart in the most life-affirming, unexpected ways, delivering in August Pullman a character whom readers will remember forever. Do yourself a favor and read this book - your life will be better for it. - Nicholas Sparks, #1 New York Timesbestselling author Slate.com
Wonder is the best kids' book of the year. Entertainment Weekly:
In a wonder of a debut, Palacio has written a crackling page-turner filled with characters you can't help but root for. The New York Times
Rich and memorable...It's Auggie and the rest of the children who are the real heart of 'Wonder, ' and Palacio captures the voices of girls and boys, fifth graders and teenagers, with equal skill. The Wall Street Journal
What makes R.J. Palacio's debut novel so remarkable, and so lovely, is the uncommon generosity with which she tells Auggie's story...The result is a beautiful, funny and sometimes sob-making story of quiet transformation." The Huffington Post,
It's in the bigger themes that Palacio's writing shines. This book is a glorious exploration of the nature of friendship, tenacity, fear, and most importantly, kindness. Full of heart, full of truth, Wonder is a book about seeing the beauty that's all around us. I dare you not to fall in love with Auggie Pullman.
- Rebecca Stead, Newbery award-winning author of When You Reach Me It is the deceptive simplicity and honesty of the work that make Wonder so memorable. Every single character seems real and well drawn and oh-so human...This book is beautiful. - Christopher Paul Curtis, Newbery award-winning author of Bud, Not Buddy A beautiful story of kindness and courage. There are many real and well-developed characters, and they each have their shining moments. Of course, Auggie shines the brightest. - Clare Vanderpool, Newbery award-winning author of Moon Over Manifest Wonder is a beautifully told story about heartache, love, and the value of human life. One comes away from it wanting to be a better person. - Patricia Reilly Giff, two-time Newbery honor-winning author of Lily's Crossing and Pictures of Hollis Woods Wonder is a shining jewel of a story that cannot help but encourage readers of all ages to do better, to be better, in how they treat others in life. I'm totally in love with this novel. - Trudy Ludwig, anti-bullying advocate and author of My Secret Bully, Confessions of a Former Bully, Better Than You, and Just Kidding Starred Review, Publishers Weekly
"Few first novels pack more of a punch: it's a rare story with the power to open eyes--and hearts--to what it's like to be singled out for a difference you can't control, when all you want is to be just another face in the crowd."
Starred Review, Booklist
"Palacio makes it feel not only effortless but downright graceful, and by the stand-up-and-cheer conclusion, readers will be doing just that, and feeling as if they are part of this troubled but ultimately warm-hearted community." Starred Review, School Library Journal
Palacio has an exceptional knack for writing realistic conversation and describing the thoughts and emotions of the characters...A well-written, thought-provoking book. Starred Review, Kirkus Reviews
"A memorable story of kindness, courage and wonder." --This text refers to the hardcover edition.
About the Author
- ASIN : B00WQDVVP2
- Publisher : RHCP Digital; 1st edition (27 Aug. 2015)
- Language : English
- File size : 2037 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print length : 399 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: 118,545 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer reviews:
Top reviews from United Kingdom
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) Julian (the bully from wonder) it was great to get a background into Julian life and find out why he acted the way he did.
2) Christopher (auggie oldest friend) this was probably the weaknees out of the 3. I didn't really connect to this character (probably because he not a big character in the first book with him being briefly mentioned), however you find out why he made finds with auggie and the struggles he faced in being his friend.
3) Charollte - has her very own story about he year and you find out her year was just a big struggle as well as Auggie, and you find out her involvement of the events that occurred in wonder.
Overall this was a great read and a must for fans of Wonder. I can't wait to read more
1. The Julian Chapter - I really enjoyed reading this part as it gives you some background story of what his life is like and how in tge end, he becomes a much better person.
2. Pluto - this section is written by Christopher, an old friend of August's It is slightly unrelated to Wonder because it does not really involve Auggie that much but I still thought it was great as I began to understand what it would be like to be Auggies friend.
3. Shingaling - this part is definately my favourite as it is mostly about Charlottes school life and how she delt with her friendship issues. It is the most interseting section of tge three and really makes you wany to read on.
I would definitely recommend this book if you enjoyed wonder!
The first part of the book is the Julian chapter. It is the book told through Julians pov, but shortened. The beginning is not very interesting, and it does not really add anything on to the storyline, but there is a very nice ending.
The second part of the book is Pluto. It is about August's best friend, Christopher. This was my least favourite part, as it does not add anything on to the storyline, apart from a little backstory.
The third and last part of the book was Shingaling. It is about Charlotte, a girl who was asked to be kind and to look out for Auggie. This was my favourite part of the book because even though it didn't add anything on to the initial storyline, it had it's own little story which I enjoyed reading. It was about Charlotte and her friends, and even though it was a little rambly at times, it was a good little story.
Overall it was a good buy, some bits were kind of boring, but if you are looking for more Wonder, go for this.
Because it is an easy read, I finished it in one session but that’s okay: I just need to download another book!