Customer reviews

on 30 April 2013
Very nice flat response. Digital Inputs : USB, TOSLINK; Coaxial. Analog Inputs : 2 channel RCA; Digital Outputs : TOSLINK, Coaxial; Analog Outputs : 2 channel RCA; and Headphone monitoring (2 jacks). Best feature 192kHz upsampling with a flick of a switch.

This unit importing from the UK was way cheaper than buying it in the US...:D

For detailed reviews check out some of the audiophile forum reviews.

Anyways I am enjoying every bit of it Rock n Roll, Symphony.....etc. any type of music you throw at it nice, clear and steady distortion free.
on 9 December 2015
It's a great little gadget, badly let down by its instruction manual. Why so? I bought it because it said that it was not only a D/A converter, but also an A/D converter. This was important for me, because I wanted to convert my vinyl to digital, so that I could throw the whole lot away (I am regrettably so ancient that I precede the existence of CD, never mind digital downloads, so I have lots of the infernal black stuff). However, the instructions said precisely zero about A/D conversion and the local (Swiss) distributor was clueless, more or less saying that it couldn't be done. Eventually the answer came from both the HifiWigwam website (lots of knowledgeable folk there) and the CEO of manufacturer ESI - one needs additional recording software. This can be, for example, the free Audacity software. So, download Audacity, plug the device into your computer via USB cable, select the device on Audacity, and away you go. It works well - but it would be nice if the manufacturer had told us all this!