Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - White
|Price:||£125.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£14.00 (10%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers, with detachable cable (3 cables included)
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - White
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Headphones - 80 Ohm B0016MNAAI
|Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery||FREE Delivery|
|Dimensions||10.4 cm x 29 cm x 25.4 cm||10.4 cm x 29 cm x 25.4 cm||20.3 cm x 25.4 cm x 12.7 cm||10.4 cm x 29 cm x 25.4 cm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
This is the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series line, praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. The ATH-M50x features the same coveted sonic signature, now with sound isolating earcups and robust construction, the M50x provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio professionals.
1.2m-3m coiled cable
3m straight cable
1.2m short straight cable
gold plated 6.3mm adapter
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
1. Sound quality. Highs are crisp, but not too bright; mids are good; bass is punchy and tight. It is difficult to find *better* sounding headphones in this price segment.
2. Build. They are very solidly built and ergonomics are great. There is no complex suspending system, so there is nothing to break.
3. Portability. Both cups rotate horizontally 180°, and they fold vertically, to make the headphone's dimensions quite small and portable-friendly. The supplied pouch comes in handy.
4. Unlike their predecessors, the ATH-M50X arrive with three detachable cables: a long straight one (you can use it to connect to a source that is further away), a short straight one (very handy when connecting to a smartphone, or if your computer is located very near to where you sit), and a medium-length coiled one (for mixed purposes). The insert-and-turn locking system secures the cable to the left cup.
5. No sound leakage. These are closed-back headphones, so you can use them in a room, filled with people, or while commuting, without the need to worry that you might disturb someone.
6. With an impedance of 38 ohms you do not need a headphone amp to drive them.
1. Cable connectors are proprietary. But then again you get three cables in the box, so it is unlikely that you will be looking to buy new cables any time soon.
2. At 285 g (10 oz) plus the cable, the ATH-M50X are a little heavier than similar-sized headphones I have owned. But making them lighter would most probably affect build quality.
3. I have watched video reviews, making the argument that the ATH-M50X are not exactly audiophile quality (that is, their response is not as 'flat' and 'neutral', as it should be).Read more ›
Earlier in the year I had purchased a pair on Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear headphones. I have always liked the sound, style & build quality of Sennheiser but having clocked up a lot of listening hours with the Momentums whilst away, I felt the low end on this model was somewhat too warm / fuzzy / unfocused … I hope you get the general idea I’m trying to put over ; )
Many people kept suggesting Grado models for the sound I was hoping to achieve. Now I also love the sound and style of Grados BUT their open back design is a complete non-starter for me! A closed back design with minimal sound leakage (IN & OUT) is essential for me if I am to avoid drive fellow colleagues travelling with me on tour buses crazy or when I want to listen to some jazz at home (“j-a-z-z” being the only four letter word that offends my wife). So, unfortunately, Grado = NoNo.
Towards the end of my trip I headed to The Headphone Bar in Vancouver ready & willing to spend up to around $500 to $600 (£300 to £400), maybe more, for something that offered the WOW! factor.
Being a specialist headphone emporium rather than one covering all aspects of hi-fi, The Headphone Bar have a very impressive array of products; Grado, Beyer Dynamic, Sennheiser, AKG, B&O, etc.Read more ›
In a nutshell, these headphones have a fantastically well balanced, detailed and powerful sound not heard all together in one single headphone. The highs are detailed, crystal clear but not to over powering, the mids are very well represented with a natural sound and the base is detailed, punchy and can be very fun if you decide to crank it up a bit!
Close your eyes and these headphones help you believe that you are their with the musician. These are seemingly a very technically advanced headphone which truly does well across all music genres I have listened to (Rock, Techno, Dance, Pop, Classical
I will however leave you with a note of caution, these headphones represent the audio very clearly, therefore if you have a poor quality audio track, then you will hear the poor quality in all more detail, however if you have a high quality audio track, boy are you be in for a treat!
This headphones have a very good range, the bass isn't too loud nor is it mute, the sound is articulated and clear and I ended rediscover my favourite songs, I think it lacks a little clarity when it comes to acoustics, but that's really subtle and nearly unnoticeable.
The headphones are not too heavy, however I'm conscious that they're on my head, it fits perfectly around your neck, and it offers a good sound isolation without cancelling ultimately the sound outside.
The only problem I have with these (yes coz it can't just be all unicorns and fairy dust) is that after at least 3-4 hours use my ears burn up, it gets too hot in the cups, so I'd advice some intermediary breaks if you're planning on using it for long hours.
I've read some comments saying that these aren't the best choice for gaming, I disagree I've played the witcher with these on and apart from the fact that my ears were really hot there wasn't any BIG disadvantages that could restrain anyone from buying these for gaming.
Allright , so overall I'd recommend this headphones to anyone who wants a product of quality with a GREAT sound, and it comes with a storage sock-like thingy. Remember you might not feel the same concerning the 'hot ears' however if you do just take break ^^
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are superb. I use them for my digital piano, Yamaha Clavinova, and the aural picture is superb. It also handles the bigger voices on the instrument. Read morePublished 23 hours ago by Thomas Tidswell
These headphones are absolutely amazing. I am by no means an audiophile but I do listen to music a lot, I edit videos and I play games. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Benny
Incredible sound quality, especially for the price. Solid built.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Stellar sound quality! These things will make you hear your music collection in a totally different light. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
Superb sound quality! They are not the most comfortable of headphones though. When I first got them, I had to stretch them out a bit, as otherwise using them for extended periods... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Chris G. Sakalis
Excellent set of headphones for the price with incredible clarity particularly at mid to high end. Bass with default pads a little on the punchy side but can be helped with fitting... Read morePublished 7 days ago by MR D E Phipps
These headphones sound phenomenal and not just for the asking price either. I had been using a set of HD650 headphones with a desktop rig and was very satisfied with the... Read morePublished 12 days ago by Dcode