Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - White
|Price:||£129.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£29.00 (18%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers, with detachable cable (3 cables included)
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This is the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series line, praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. The ATH-M50x features the same coveted sonic signature, now with sound isolating earcups and robust construction, the M50x provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio professionals.
1.2m-3m coiled cable
3m straight cable
1.2m short straight cable
gold plated 6.3mm adapter
From the Manufacturer
ATH-M50X Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
50 YEARS OF DEVOTION TO MUSIC
Founded in 1962 by Hideo Matsushita, Audio-Technica positioned itself immediately as a leader in the manufacture and design of innovative audio products.
It’s expertise in innovation quickly spread to various new fields and led to the development of tone arms, microphones and headphones. Audio-Technica soon became a benchmark in those fields. Making history.
A self-made man and audiophile, Hidéo Matsushita was the former Director of the Tokyo Museum of Modern Art. It all started in his workshop, with the hand crafting of stereo cartridges. 50 years later, Audio-Technica has become a global leader in audio innovation.
For over 50 years Audio-Technica has worked alongside leading figures in sports and music broadcast to develop and hone a range of products that deliver on the highest level.
Audio-Technica have developed and delivered products to power the Grammys, World Cup, Super Bowl, Commonwealth Games as well as every Summer and Winter Games from Atlanta 1996 to Rio 2016.
PROFESSIONAL STUDIO MONITOR HEADPHONES
CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SONIC PERFORMANCE
The most critically acclaimed model in the M-series line of monitoring headphones, receiving praise from top live and studio engineers and reviewers alike, year after year.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers
- Wide frequency range with exceptional audio clarity
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Padded headband and earpads for comfort in extended use
- Collapsable folding body for easy transport
- Solid low frequency definition
- Sound isolating earcups, ideal for recording situations
- Robust construction with foldable design for transport
- Ideal from tracking, mixing, dj monitoring and personal listening
- Three detachable cables (3m straight, 3m coiled , 1.2m straight)
- Available in black, white or Limited Edition colours
PROFESSIONAL STUDIO MONITOR HEADPHONES
“CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SONIC PERFORMANCE”
Year after year the ATH-M50x are praised by studio engineers, live engineers and pro audio reviwers alike, and are used by professional worldwide.
“EXCEPTIONAL CLARITY THROUGHT AN EXTENDED FREQUENCY RANGE”
The ATH-M50x have proprietory 45mm large apeture drivers with rare-earth magnets, giving exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range with a deep accurate bass response.
“COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE”
The ATH-M50x have professional-grade earband and headband material, offering exceptional comfort over extended use, as well as great sound isolation. The 90° swiveling earcup is great for one ear listening, and the collapsable design makes it easy to tarnsport.
Circumaural design contours around the ears for exceptional sound isolation in loud environments
Fully collapsable design for ease of transport.
Single side detachable cable allows in the field cable changing, with three different cables included.
BLACK OR WHITE
The ATH-M50x is available in both Black and White versions.
The ATH-M50X comes with the following accessories included in the box:
- Three interchangeable cables; 1.2m-3m coiled, 3m straight, 1.2m straight (all with Gold-plated stereo 1/8” (3.5 mm) connector with strain relief)
- Screw-on 1/4” adapter
- Protective carry pouch
1.2m to 3m spiral coiled cable
3m straight cable
1.2m straight cable
Protective carry pouch
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Earlier in the year I had purchased a pair on Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear headphones. I have always liked the sound, style & build quality of Sennheiser but having clocked up a lot of listening hours with the Momentums whilst away, I felt the low end on this model was somewhat too warm / fuzzy / unfocused … I hope you get the general idea I’m trying to put over ; )
Many people kept suggesting Grado models for the sound I was hoping to achieve. Now I also love the sound and style of Grados BUT their open back design is a complete non-starter for me! A closed back design with minimal sound leakage (IN & OUT) is essential for me if I am to avoid drive fellow colleagues travelling with me on tour buses crazy or when I want to listen to some jazz at home (“j-a-z-z” being the only four letter word that offends my wife). So, unfortunately, Grado = NoNo.
Towards the end of my trip I headed to The Headphone Bar in Vancouver ready & willing to spend up to around $500 to $600 (£300 to £400), maybe more, for something that offered the WOW! factor.
Being a specialist headphone emporium rather than one covering all aspects of hi-fi, The Headphone Bar have a very impressive array of products; Grado, Beyer Dynamic, Sennheiser, AKG, B&O, etc.Read more ›
1. Sound quality. Highs are crisp, but not too bright; mids are well-presented; bass is punchy and tight.
2. Build. They feel solid and ergonomics are great. There is no complex suspending system, so there is nothing to break.
3. Portability. Both cups rotate horizontally at 180° and also fold vertically to make the headphones' dimensions quite small and portable-friendly. The supplied pouch comes in handy.
4. Unlike their predecessors, ATH-M50X arrive with three detachable cables: a long straight one (you can use it to connect to a source that is further away), a short straight one (very handy when connecting to a smartphone, or if your computer is located very near to where you are sitting), and a medium-length coiled cable (very versatile and my personal favourite). The insert-and-turn locking system secures the cable to the left cup.
5. No sound leakage. These are closed-back headphones, so you can use them in a room, filled with people, or while commuting, without any worries that you might disturb someone.
6. With an impedance of 38 ohms you do not need a headphone amp to drive them.
1. Cable connectors are proprietary. But then again you get three cables in the box, so it is unlikely that you will be looking to buy new cables any time soon.
2. At 285 g plus the cable, the ATH-M50X feel heavier than similar-sized headphones I have owned. They are almost entirely made of thick rigid plastic.
3. I have watched video reviews, making the argument that the ATH-M50X are not exactly audiophile quality (that is, their response is not as 'flat' and 'neutral', as it should be).Read more ›
In a nutshell, these headphones have a fantastically well balanced, detailed and powerful sound not heard all together in one single headphone. The highs are detailed, crystal clear but not to over powering, the mids are very well represented with a natural sound and the base is detailed, punchy and can be very fun if you decide to crank it up a bit!
Close your eyes and these headphones help you believe that you are their with the musician. These are seemingly a very technically advanced headphone which truly does well across all music genres I have listened to (Rock, Techno, Dance, Pop, Classical
I will however leave you with a note of caution, these headphones represent the audio very clearly, therefore if you have a poor quality audio track, then you will hear the poor quality in all more detail, however if you have a high quality audio track, boy are you be in for a treat!
I have now replaced them with a pair of AKG K550, which given the varying online reviews I was not expecting to be much better - however I have been wearing them all morning and they are infinitely more comfortable than the M50X as far as I am concerned and in all other aspects on a par with the M50X.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Brought for my 14 year old son and he said they were too tight and very uncomfortable to use.Published 17 hours ago by Lisa
Wonderful sound and very comfortable*. My one and only gripe is that the plastic cup that meets the ear pads has a sharp inner edge, it just feels a bit chintzy. Read morePublished 22 hours ago by N. Hornby
Great quality, Very good bass without making the mids and highs drowned out. Really impressed.Published 1 day ago by Nathaniel S.
These are the best headphones I've ever owned! Also a very sturdy design, I've owned these for a year and a half.Published 2 days ago by Thomas Holloran
i cant believe some say these are better than the hd280's - they ae not in the same ball ark 0 but for the prce much better than any other non studio headphones - it has quite a... Read morePublished 3 days ago by RFish
Amazing, they sound really good across all frequencies. Day I got them I re-listened to loads of my music because they sound so great, blow my old Sennhieser headphones out of the... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Andy Trees
Great pair of headphones. Amazing response across the spectrum but also flat enough for studio work.Published 3 days ago by Jonathan Brooker
Best set of headphones ever! Okay, so this set of headphones are good for use in a studio or in a case where you want to listen to something back with a very flat response! Read morePublished 4 days ago by Joe Alderdice
Excellent purchase, fantastic sound quality as expected. A hardshell carry case would be a good idea thoughPublished 5 days ago by Nils Blosenko