Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Studio Monitor Professional Headphones - Black
|Price:||£121.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
|You Save:||£37.00 (23%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers, with detachable cable (3 cables included)
- Exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range, with deep, accurate bass response
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This is the most critically acclaimed model in the M-Series line, praised by top audio engineers and pro audio reviewers year after year. The ATH-M50x features the same coveted sonic signature, now with sound isolating earcups and robust construction, the M50x provides an unmatched experience for the most critical audio professionals.
1.2m-3m coiled cable
3m straight cable
1.2m short straight cable
gold plated 6.3mm adapter
From the Manufacturer
ATH-M50X Professional Studio Monitor Headphones
50 YEARS OF DEVOTION TO MUSIC
Founded in 1962 by Hideo Matsushita, Audio-Technica positioned itself immediately as a leader in the manufacture and design of innovative audio products.
It’s expertise in innovation quickly spread to various new fields and led to the development of tone arms, microphones and headphones. Audio-Technica soon became a benchmark in those fields. Making history.
A self-made man and audiophile, Hidéo Matsushita was the former Director of the Tokyo Museum of Modern Art. It all started in his workshop, with the hand crafting of stereo cartridges. 50 years later, Audio-Technica has become a global leader in audio innovation.
For over 50 years Audio-Technica has worked alongside leading figures in sports and music broadcast to develop and hone a range of products that deliver on the highest level.
Audio-Technica have developed and delivered products to power the Grammys, World Cup, Super Bowl, Commonwealth Games as well as every Summer and Winter Games from Atlanta 1996 to Rio 2016.
PROFESSIONAL STUDIO MONITOR HEADPHONES
CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SONIC PERFORMANCE
The most critically acclaimed model in the M-series line of monitoring headphones, receiving praise from top live and studio engineers and reviewers alike, year after year.
- Critically acclaimed sonic performance
- Proprietary 45 mm large-aperture drivers
- Wide frequency range with exceptional audio clarity
- 90° swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Padded headband and earpads for comfort in extended use
- Collapsable folding body for easy transport
- Solid low frequency definition
- Sound isolating earcups, ideal for recording situations
- Robust construction with foldable design for transport
- Ideal from tracking, mixing, dj monitoring and personal listening
- Three detachable cables (3m straight, 3m coiled , 1.2m straight)
- Available in black, white or Limited Edition colours
PROFESSIONAL STUDIO MONITOR HEADPHONES
“CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED SONIC PERFORMANCE”
Year after year the ATH-M50x are praised by studio engineers, live engineers and pro audio reviwers alike, and are used by professional worldwide.
“EXCEPTIONAL CLARITY THROUGHT AN EXTENDED FREQUENCY RANGE”
The ATH-M50x have proprietory 45mm large apeture drivers with rare-earth magnets, giving exceptional clarity throughout an extended frequency range with a deep accurate bass response.
“COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE”
The ATH-M50x have professional-grade earband and headband material, offering exceptional comfort over extended use, as well as great sound isolation. The 90° swiveling earcup is great for one ear listening, and the collapsable design makes it easy to tarnsport.
Circumaural design contours around the ears for exceptional sound isolation in loud environments
Fully collapsable design for ease of transport.
Single side detachable cable allows in the field cable changing, with three different cables included.
BLACK OR WHITE
The ATH-M50x is available in both Black and White versions.
The ATH-M50X comes with the following accessories included in the box:
- Three interchangeable cables; 1.2m-3m coiled, 3m straight, 1.2m straight (all with Gold-plated stereo 1/8” (3.5 mm) connector with strain relief)
- Screw-on 1/4” adapter
- Protective carry pouch
1.2m to 3m spiral coiled cable
3m straight cable
1.2m straight cable
Protective carry pouch
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Earlier in the year I had purchased a pair on Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear headphones. I have always liked the sound, style & build quality of Sennheiser but having clocked up a lot of listening hours with the Momentums whilst away, I felt the low end on this model was somewhat too warm / fuzzy / unfocused … I hope you get the general idea I’m trying to put over ; )
Many people kept suggesting Grado models for the sound I was hoping to achieve. Now I also love the sound and style of Grados BUT their open back design is a complete non-starter for me! A closed back design with minimal sound leakage (IN & OUT) is essential for me if I am to avoid drive fellow colleagues travelling with me on tour buses crazy or when I want to listen to some jazz at home (“j-a-z-z” being the only four letter word that offends my wife). So, unfortunately, Grado = NoNo.
Towards the end of my trip I headed to The Headphone Bar in Vancouver ready & willing to spend up to around $500 to $600 (£300 to £400), maybe more, for something that offered the WOW! factor.
Being a specialist headphone emporium rather than one covering all aspects of hi-fi, The Headphone Bar have a very impressive array of products; Grado, Beyer Dynamic, Sennheiser, AKG, B&O, etc.Read more ›
1. Sound quality. Highs are crisp, but not too bright; mids are well-presented; bass is punchy and tight.
2. Build. They feel solid and ergonomics are great. There is no complex suspending system, so there is nothing to break.
3. Portability. Both cups rotate horizontally at 180° and also fold vertically to make the headphones' dimensions quite small and portable-friendly. The supplied pouch comes in handy.
4. Unlike their predecessors, ATH-M50X arrive with three detachable cables: a long straight one (you can use it to connect to a source that is further away), a short straight one (very handy when connecting to a smartphone, or if your computer is located very near to where you are sitting), and a medium-length coiled cable (very versatile and my personal favourite). The insert-and-turn locking system secures the cable to the left cup.
5. No sound leakage. These are closed-back headphones, so you can use them in a room, filled with people, or while commuting, without any worries that you might disturb someone.
6. With an impedance of 38 ohms you do not need a headphone amp to drive them.
1. Cable connectors are proprietary. But then again you get three cables in the box, so it is unlikely that you will be looking to buy new cables any time soon.
2. At 285 g plus the cable, the ATH-M50X feel heavier than similar-sized headphones I have owned. They are almost entirely made of thick rigid plastic.
3. I have watched video reviews, making the argument that the ATH-M50X are not exactly audiophile quality (that is, their response is not as 'flat' and 'neutral', as it should be).Read more ›
I read about some people complaining that the bass on these headphones is "bloated" but that is wrong. The bass is full bodied, meaning it goes from the lowest note/octave possible, all the way up to the highest note/octave within the bass frequencies. Previously out of all the "high-end" headphones i've owned/heard only the Denon's could do that.
So to recap: I think these are End Game headphones! They beat every other expensive headphone i've ever heard. Including Denon's, Sennheisers, Beyerdynamics, AKG's plus many more. They all have their faults...but the ATH-M50XDG's don't have any.
So I did weeks of research and read every review of virtually every headphone available on Amazon I decided that these were the one to go for.
Well here we are two weeks into the purchase and here are my thoughts-
Sound - absolutely amazing. clear, concise, good bass and I can actually hear instruments that I didn't know were there before.
Comfort - starts of fine but over time my ears begin to get hot and sweaty so I have to take them off, take a break then start again.
Alternative - well I also bought, just in case, a pair of Grado on the ear headphones which again sound fantastic but they do leak sound which annoys my wife. They are however much more comfortable and the sound is a little more 'open'
Conclusion - I love them both. I think I prefer the sound of the M50's but that could just be because the enclosed headphones isolate you form the surroundings and you can totally immerse yourself whereas with the Grado's you can hear external sounds which sometimes intrudes.
Result - I couldn't decide which one to keep so I ended up keeping them both so I am covered for all situations, if I had to keep just one I guess it would be the M50's even tho' my ears do get 'sticky' after an hour or so - a small price to pay for the wonderful sound.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Before I start, I would like to point out that I have never placed a review of any product on this site, though there have been many purchases that I am still proud to own. Read morePublished 10 minutes ago by Mark T
Had these for about three weeks now, listening mainly to 320kbps tracks on Google music on a nexus 5x phone. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Blibbo
The build quality is great, but it's weak where it should be strong: sound quality - very poor. I was excited to buy it, as I had a great studio microphone from AT and because the... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Vasile-Mircea N.
Can't complain, the sound quality is brilliant and they are comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.Published 3 days ago by Ryan Wellington
Great Headphones.If bought I recommend buying an amp if used with a smartphone because there is an lower amount of bass in comparison with a computer. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
I needed a good pair of headphones for mixing, but also for just listening to music. After reading tests and reviews for suitable headphones in the price range of ~100-150 GBP, I... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Elias M.