on 24 May 2014
Having received and use these headphones, the build quality is very solid and won't break too easily with every day use. Although its looks solid, I think it's too much plasticky compared to most headphones. The sound is awesome but let down by the discomfort after about 2 hours of use. The clamp on my ears were too tight causing discomfort and starting to sweat around the ears. The 3.5 m jack is not very user friendly with mobile phones if you have the protector on because the head is way too big compare with every most jacks. It will only plug in properly if you remove the casing on you phones which is a pain, I suppose these headphones wasn't made to use with mobile phones I suppose. The thick coil lead is often heavy and obvious which can be annoying. I would recommend buying the straight cable. Comparing it to my bose qc,these are definately have more clarity, but not as bassy as the bose. Everything sound clear and crisp, exactly what music should be. I much prefer the bose because it's much lighter and way more comfortable than the audio technical. These headphones were only suppose to be use in the studio for monitoring. I would'nt recommend them if you want to use it outside the studio.
on 11 August 2014
Wow. These arrived about an hour ago and I have been unable to remove them since! I bought these headphones to replace my WESC ones. I listen to a lot of dubstep and wanted headphones that could deal with heavy bass. Well, these certainly do! Although, as other reviews have noted, these don't make your music thud on their own, if you use an equalizer to crank up the bass then they will make you skull shake! I listen to music on Spotify on my Mac and to get that really meaty bass you can install two pieces of software called 'Soundflower' and 'AU Lab', and then use them to adjust the sound across your whole Mac system. There are lots of online tutorials for this.

I also think they block out quite a lot of noise. I needed something that would muffle the general noise of the library, and general street noise. When I put them on I noticed that the noise isolation was similar to holding hands over my ears. They are super comfy too. My WESC ones used to make my ears ache after about an hour and a half.
on 4 May 2013
I got these because my mate had a pair of the black and highly recommended them to me, I'd only listened to them once because he broke them by ripping the cable out drunk but fixed it at uni and then broke them again because his soldering skills aren't that great. In the time they were working I listened to a track we were working on (hiphop/rap) that was done entirely on logic with only my vocals and it sounded really good through them! So I bought this pair and as soon as I played a professional song through them I was astounded by the quality across the entire frequency range! They fit on perfectly as long as I take my flesh tunnels out (14mm) but can't expect them to taper for that!
All in all they look, feel and sound amazing!
Highly recommend them to anyone wanting to mix/produce or even just listen to music! 5/5
on 12 July 2014
In terms of value for money, not many can compare to these. The flat frequency response might not be for everyone, but if you need to do any accurate sound or music engineering and are on a budget you really can't go wrong with a pair of these. The build quality is excellent, they feel really solid, comfortable and light. The only trade off with this is that with the red model the plastic looks a bit cheap. Overall sound quality is excellent, highs mids and lows are respectively accurate, smooth and punchy. The noise leakage might be a problem for some, as well as the lack of noise cancelling features. What you pay for with these headphones is build and sound quality. Solid recommendation.
on 1 July 2013
i am dj for years and tested a lot of headphones.sony pioneer akg and other .i feel that audio technica`s M50 rd are the ones that make me more happy.i know that the price is a little problem for many users in a country with crisis like greece.but these are a lot of audio experience and are perfect for home and studio use.the bass is rich and well balanced not over the flat response.treble and mids are not annoying in high volumes.maybe for a little more power you will need some kind of amplifier for headphones but the volume in mp3 players ipad and laptops are enough for a pleasant audio feeling.i suggest them !!
on 20 June 2014
I bought these for home use only. They are one of 3000 worldwide in red. The sound is superb. I listen to all genres of music and everything thus far has been a great detailed listen. I have only used them with a Sony portable CD player and my i-phone 5. Highly recommend at an amazing price. They are the previous generation to the latest which now have interchangeable cables, something I did not need. I have headphones by Klipsch, AKG and Sony, all good , but they will find new homes with the grand kids ! I don't suppose they sound different in less funky colours ;0))
on 22 May 2014
Finally, after spending too much time watching, reading reviews of headphones, it comes down to this ATH-M50.. Well, I'm not a music expert.. but I can say that this one sounds amazing! I once tried my friend's beats headphone. I say,,no need to look for Beats headphones unless you're the kind of person who loves spend more for the same quality just to get the "b" logo hanging around your neck.. why buy more expensive stuffs for something you can get cheaper and better... If you're looking for something under £100 range, buy this one...
on 22 December 2014
Very good headphones and a great price for what they provide. There is a noticeable difference between these and regular earphones/low cost headphones that is definitely worth the money. On the whole very comfortable but with extended usage (I used them on a 8 hour flight and during long days at the library) they can feel a little tight, but this feeling is game after a couple minutes with them off or by readjusting them slightly. Overall a very good product.
on 28 February 2014
love them they work very well. great colour and feel great to were as they sit over your ears .
on 5 September 2014
Throughout my research I read really good things about the M50s, so I decided to take the plunge. I must say I have no regrets whatsoever as these make all you favourite songs sound so much better ! In terms of equalisation, there is a superb equilibrium between lows, mids and highs. Build-quality is good and I hope it will last for few years to come.