Customer reviews

Atul's Curries of the World
Format: Hardcover|Change

on 31 August 2017
Seriously!! I own hundreds of recipe books from all culinary corners & backgrounds
This one tops them all.
Every recipe I've made has been the best I've ever made.
No need to explain further - thank me later!

Happy cooking
on 11 October 2017
Working my way through these, wonderful recipes
on 14 June 2017
Excellent cook book. Some great recipes that I've never seen before.
on 8 July 2017
good
on 24 June 2013
Like an earlier reviewer I discovered that one of the recipes didn't have a list of ingredients. I emailed Absolute Press and had no response, so contacted Atul Kochar's PA who forwarded my email to Bloomsbury. I have just received the revised recipe page from the publishers. For those of you who have bought this book and want the recipe ingredients, you should email Alice Gibbs at Absolute Press ( alice.gibbs@absolutepress.co.uk ).
Prospective buyers should be aware of the omission, but despite that fault it is an excellent book with a wonderful selection of curries using different meats.
33 Comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 April 2013
This is my 9th Indian Cookbook. It is the best by far. Great recipes. I have this week done a Pork + Ceylon Beef Curry. Many different curry powder recipes which can be made in bulk. Definite fan of this book. Having cooked more recipes 5/5 is not enough and I rate it 6 stars
on 25 October 2017
Extremely disappointing, out of the 25+ recipes I tried only 2 have been worth eating the rest needed so much adaptation I may as well have cooked my own curry. Having eaten at his restaurant and taken recipes from his TV series (which all worked very well) I had such high hopes for this. I find all the recipes to be bland even when the ingredient list suggests it should taste amazing.
It may be my failing as a cook but I've been cooking curries for more than 10 years and I can't understand where I'm going wrong with this book.
on 1 November 2013
wonderful book of perfect recipes! they all work, BUT, i got in touch with atul about the chili quanitity as this and other of his books suggest sometimes using up to 6 chillies which in my opinion is excessive, it turns out he uses 'dutch chillies' i had never heard of them but you can purchase them in some asian food stores or online. just google it. they're considerably milder than any other chili and have a smoother more refined taste. hope this helps other readers of this and his books.
44 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 April 2013
Have done six recipes from the book so far, and tried to stay strictly to ingredient list, sourcing fresh ingredients.
Was it worth it ... Hell Yes !
Making some of the starter pastes is involved, but well worth it !
Beef Rendang is superb ! The Loatian Prawn and Scallop curry excellent !
The Master so far is the Tikka Massalla...you will never be able look straight at a bright red one again !
The depth of complicated flavours is amazing, a joy to the tastebuds !

Mel......
on 25 October 2013
Well explained good pics . Not too hard to source ingredients. Not one for a beginner but worth the effort.