on 5 August 2013
Hilarity in the backwoods of Spain.
It sets out like Oliver Reed' crossed with Lon Chaney Jnr' - okay so Jim Dale and Harry H Corbett in Spanish.
The budget is lovingly underexposed but perfectly decent. I havent seen any of the Spanish Werewolf movies or their lead star Paul Naschy (great name) but hope that this riffs on his films too.
For me this covers so many comedy horror bases well, that it is difficult not to get side tracked from the genuine fun on display.
All the main characters (archetypes) are wooden or animated as they need to be. The writers return (and his agents unwelcome appearance), the writers best friends grudging allegiance, the grandmother.... it's all here in a wonderfully nonsensical buffet of off cuts and prime beefcake.
Whilst it carries little genuine gore this is more Shaun of the Dead than Young Frankenstein. Less Carry on Screaming and more Bob Hope Cat and the Canary. I wish I spoke spanish - because whilst the subtitles are funny, I am sure its even funnier in "real" dialogue.
It carries so many plot takes from previous horrors (and comedies) lightly. The characters are stock but beautifully skewed. The police chief is worthy of Young Frankenstein - I particularly liked the shootout with his rooky colleague and the horde, which has a nice echo of the dart board scene from YF. Towards the end his inspired reemergence .... skewing from the end of the Howling?
The Wicker man, the Thing (blood test) and any number of demented family members in the attic films could be being sentup - but the cast are so wonderfully straightfaced that it just flies by as entertainment.
What Van Helsing could have been with this sort of script.
Very Close to Young Frankenstein, Cat and the Canary and The Man with Two Brains in gag quality (no pun intended), similar to Carry On Screaming in quality. It's not subtle (on the surface) but I loved it.
on 11 April 2017
Tongue in cheek horror about werewolves. There aren't a lot of werewolf movies out there compared to vampire movies so I tend to jump on them when I can. I didn't hate the film, the humour was sometimes very amusing, there's a scene involving cutting a guys finger off that was very well done. I just think that, for me, the characters were too annoying, to the point it was getting very disappointing when they kept surviving. It's a Spanish movie with English subtitles. You could see the ending come a mile away and I'm not sure if it was meant to be a surprise or part of the "here it comes" humour but it was satisfying nevertheless. If you can get it for a couple pounds I'd recommend it, or if you love Spanish humour movies in general.
on 9 July 2017
Great fun - for those who like a good laugh, a bit of horror, some great werewolves, and to top it all some Spanish subtitles...
on 11 June 2017
good condition
on 29 October 2017
Great Story....Great Horror Film !!!
on 27 November 2012
the only thing i disliked in this movie was at times in dark scene sequences it was badly pixelated and this being a blu ray hd disc, this is unacceptable. that should of been corrected before encoding to hd. but other than that overall a somewhat funny movie and with great werewolf transformations!
on 12 June 2013
An absolute HOWL, after reading the reviews, and also being a hard core horror fan, I do like to lighten up now and then, and this film ticks all the boxes.
Although it is Spanish with subtitles, it really does not put you of, the special FX are great, but the characters dialog with each other is hilarious, as they keep a straight face while not thinking they are funny, makes it more chuckle some.
I enjoyed every minute, and know I will watch it again.
Definitely recommend
on 18 October 2012
I saw this film at Grimmfest 2012 in Manchester and wasn't expecting much after seeing the trailer. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it reminded me of a Shaun of the Dead with Werewolves. I know the subtitles will put a few people off it but I would highly recommend it as I thought it had the same if not better humor than Shaun of the Dead.
on 25 October 2015
ANOTHER GOOD DVD I PICKED UP IN POUNDLAND .
QUITE A GOOD FUNNY MOVIE .
EVEN AT THIS PRICE ON THIS SITE IT'S WORTH HAVING .
SPANISH AUDIO WITH FIXED ENGLISH SUBTITLES . 1 TRAILER FOR " STRIPPERS MEET WEREWOLFS " NO MOVIE EXTRAS
2 CHANNEL DOLBY / 5.1 DOLBY SPANISH AUDIO . HOLLAGRAM CARD SLIP CASE

BUY IT ! IT'S GREAT !
on 15 February 2013
I love werewolf films. I have the very good in my collection and also the very bad. This film is in the excellent catagory. It is loaded with action but it also has a sense of humor. The laughs aren't done to tell jokes or spoof the genre but are realistic. In other words, the film makers are not trying to shoot themselves in the foot. This is really one of the best werewolf films I have ever seen and I highly recommend it.