- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
Atmospheric Pollution: History, Science, and Regulation Paperback – 5 Sep 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
There is a newer edition of this item:
Special offers and product promotions
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
' … useful to students of environmental science and others with its up-to-date material, easy style, problems and examples and outstanding illustrations. … it is packed with enough quantitative and qualitative information to form the basis of a lecture course, or to act as a primer for general reader interested in the whole issue of air pollution. I do not think that there is a better book for engaging interest in the science of air pollution and I, for one, will certainly be recommending it to my second-year students.' Chemistry in Britain
'… a very readable book, which fulfils its major intent as a good introductory textbook on atmospheric pollution for undergraduate students.' Dimitris Melas, E. G. S. Newsletter
'… for anyone with an interest in the evolution and causes of air pollution.' The Times Higher Education Supplement
'I will be very surprised if this does not become one of the standard texts in this field, especially for environmental science courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level, as well as a general reference and sourcebook for anybody interested in the history of airborne pollutants and their study, pollution meteorologists and atmospheric chemists.' P. J. A. Burt, Weather
'This material provided new insight into how trace gases were first discovered and how the atmosphere evolved.' Matt Fraser, Rice University
'It is an ideal introductory textbook on atmospheric pollution for undergraduate and graduate students taking courses in atmospheric chemistry and physics, meteorology, environment law and politics, and city planning and regulation. it also is a valuable reference text for researchers and an introduction to the subject for general audiences. the book is international in its scope, contains numerous examples and problems, and 200 colour illustrations, thus making it very reader-friendly.' International Journal of Environmental Studies
'… warmly recommended …'. Meteorologische Zeitschrift
'As a textbook I would highly recommend this work …'. Open University Geological Society Journal
Atmospheric Pollution provides an accessible introduction to major atmospheric pollution topics: urban outdoor air pollution, indoor air pollution, acid deposition, stratospheric ozone reduction, global climate change. It will form an ideal textbook for students, a valuable reference text for researchers, and an introduction to the subject for general audiences.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
And I got it in great shape from the seller
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Civil Engineering > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Engineering Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Environmental
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Pollution
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Weather
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Engineering > Environmental Engineering
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Environment
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Physics > Applied Physics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services