Atlas of a Tropical Germany: Essays on Politics and Culture, 1990-1998 (Texts and Contexts) Paperback – 1 Nov 2000
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"As a critical commentator on the political and cultural significance of Germany's largest minority population, Senocak is without equal. His provocative essays, expertly presented by Leslie Adelson, speak to issues of profound importance: Germany's relationship to its fascist past, the history of the West's encounter with Islam, and the future definition of Europe."--Arlene A. Teraoka, author of East, West, and Others: The Third World in Postwar German Literature
About the Author
Zafer Senocak was born in 1961 in Ankara, Turkey, but has lived primarily in Berlin and Munich since 1970. One of the most insightful intellectuals in Germany today, Senocak in the last decade has often focused on German politics and culture, particularly as they relate to the increasingly multicultural dimensions of contemporary German life. He is a frequent contributor to several leading German newspapers. Professor and chair of German Studies at Cornell University, Leslie A. Adelson is the author of "Making Bodies, Making History: Feminism and German Identity" (Nebraska 1993), winner of the Modern Language Association's Scaglione Prize.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Europe > Germany
- Books > History > Political History
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > Europe > Germany