Atlas of Sedimentary Rocks Under the Microscope Paperback – 16 Jul 1984
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Back Cover
Atlas of sedimentary rocks under the microscope A third volume to accompany the successful Atlas of Rock–forming Minerals in Thin Section and Atlas of Igneous Rocks and Their Textures, this full–colour handbook presents over 200 colour illustrations of the common constituents and textures of sedimentary rocks as seen using thin sections or acetate peels. Since carbonate rocks show the greatest variety of grain types half the book is devoted to them, but the authors also cover sandstones, ironstones, phosphatic rocks, evaporites and cherts. In addition to the plates and their captions a short introduction outlines the classifications used and the staining techniques applied to most of the limestone samples. Like its predecessors, this atlas provides an essential guide and laboratory manual for geology students and teachers. Amateur geologists will also find much to help them enjoy the study of sedimentary rocks under the microscope with the aid of relatively simple equipment. A.E. Adams is Lecturer in Geology at the University of Manchester. W.S. MacKenzie is Emeritus Professor of Petrology at the University of Manchester. C. Guilford was formerly Superintendent of the Department of Geology at the University of Manchester. --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Nursing
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Mineralogy
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geology > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Palaeontology
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Education
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Reference
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Geology
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Human Geography