Find Your Way Home--Bestselling Sat NavsPlan ahead and avoid traffic jams with one of our bestselling sat navs from top brands including TomTom and Garmin. We also stock a great range of up-to-date and fully-routable maps for your device, including popular destinations such as France, Portugal, North America and Scotland.
- Also check our best rated Travel Book reviews
An Atlas of Countries That Don't Exist: A compendium of fifty unrecognized and largely unnoticed states Hardcover – 5 Nov 2015
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
A stunning gift hardback featuring beautiful maps and stories of unrecognised countries
From the Inside Flap
Acclaimed travel writer and Oxford geography don Nick Middleton takes us on a magical tour of countries that, lacking diplomatic recognition or UN membership, inhabit a world of shifting borders, visionary leaders and forgotten peoples.
Most of us think we know what a country is, but in truth the concept is rather slippery. From Catalonia to the Crimea, and from Africa's last colony to the European republic that enjoyed just a solitary day of independence, the places in this book may lie on the margins of legitimacy, but all can be visited in the real world.
Beautifully illustrated by fifty regional maps, each shadowy country is literally cut out of the page of this book. Alongside stories, facts and figures, this Atlas brings to life a dreamlike world of nations that exist only in the minds of the people who live there.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Have not read book yet, only had a quick look and read the odd pages . Looks very good.Published 2 months ago by VISA
Bought for my nephew and he very much enjoyed reading this book. Very fast delivery and would recommend it highly.Published 7 months ago by Katie
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > History
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Reference
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Reference
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Historical Atlases & Maps
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Atlases & Maps > Special Interests > Road & Car