Colour: Red|Change

on 29 November 2013
I've had this bag for around 6 months and loved it for almost all that time

The one thing that I had an issue with is the strap I got this as an alternative to a back pack for travelling to and from work given its size which is huge (If you include the expandable section which runs round the side) I thought it would have no issue carrying my laptop to and from work as when the situation is required (Which is not often)

As it turned out I only managed this twice. The first time I had my laptop which is a standard 15 inch widescreen machine weighing roughly 2 kilos and my uniform in the bag. This is not in my opinion a substantial weight the straps dis creak a little which I put down to the plastic moving.

The 2nd time I got 5 minutes from my front door with the same cargo as the original trip and the slider which adjusts the length of the strap gave way the whole thing un-looped and I thankfully caught the bag before it hit the ground

Either way that build quality is not good enough for the cost outlayed. While I loved the bag if you plan to carry more than a token amount I would find something else
on 27 July 2015
This is a late review, as this was brought for my husband for his birthday a few years ago. It was a great bag, although 3 months after buying this bag the strap buckle broke. Contacted supplier, but service from supplier and Amazon a joke as no replacement/refund given!
Would not recommend for normal everyday use, would only recommend for occasional use.
on 10 July 2013
This is a great bag – exactly the same layout as another bag I had from Eastpak – zip pocket on the front flap which secures with two pop-clasps, large main compartment with a zip all around the outside to increase the width of the main compartment; another zip inside the main compartment with a good size pocket. It also has two unsealed pocket areas (don’t put anything valuable in there!) under the flap and a Velcro big pocket on the back of the whole pack – which sort of divides it in two. Great for shoving winter gloves or hats in! As I said, very very close to the Eastpak design – but quite a bit taller / deeper, which is nice. And, to top it all off, the retro Japanese Atari logo and colour are great – the colour is a muted, understated maroon – funky and stylish. Bought this as an over-the-shoulder hand-luggage bag for short trips, but think I may end up using it all the time for work. Also, very quick delivery from bioworld. Recommended.
on 14 July 2012
This is a great bag, its nice and big so it fits loads of stuff, its very stylish and its in great condition.
on 8 December 2015
This bag is great! It has a thick weave material and loads of zips and compartments, not to mention the fact the main pocket expands if you undo the zip on the underside.It also appears to be (so far) pretty weather proof.

My only criticism is the clips that hold the flap shut. They have a habit of falling off of the straps. A minor criticism if you can find a way to amend it.
on 8 December 2015
Two years later the bag is still in very good condition with exception of the plastic clips on the strap which snapped very easily after a year of owning the bag. The bag is very good size for a laptop and few books, Ideal for college or university. I highly recommend this bag
on 13 March 2013
great retro chic. nice material. the colour is muted in a perfect way. masses of pockets and zips. nice big interior which can be extended if you want. gets a really good response. just a bag i know. but whats not to like.
on 1 November 2013
Have been really enjoying my new Atari bag since it arrived!

It's surprisingly big which is a good thing for me plus it seems to be of a high quality considering the relatively modest price.

Recommended for both style and functionality!
on 20 August 2013
This is a great-looking bag and it's also good quality and a nice size too. However, there is one fundamental problem. On it's first outing to the park to meet some friends, I put 6 cans of beer, 4 bread rolls, box of pringles and a small jacket inside. It was full, but not overly full by any means. and as I lifted it onto my shoulder, the strap suddenly came apart and the bag fell to the floor. Upon closer inspection, the plastic clasp on the strap (where it meets the plastic bag buckle) had just completely given-way - and not broken, as I first feared. This meant that i could just re-insert the clasp into the housing and the bag was good to go again. The issue was that even with just the 6 beers and the pringles inside, the strap would come apart again - almost immediately. I then decided to leave the bag and take another. A couple of days later, I went to meet some more friends and decided to try the new bag again. This time I put just 4 cans of beer and a hoodie in the bag. After 5 minutes walking, the strap came undone..and kept on coming undone quite regularly after that. As all my other messenger bags have never had a failure like this, I think the issue could either be a one-off faulty strap on my bag alone..or it could be something more endemic and part of a general design flaw. As I really like the bag, I decided to buy a replacement strap from Tatonka. Tatonka Carry Strap 1 20m Black
This should hopefully fix the problem as the clasps/buckles are made from metal and look a lot more sturdy.
on 22 November 2015
when I brought this bag I immediately started using it and all was fine for the first three months (this included walking and cycling to work and everyday use).

on the way home from work I was walking with the bag and the adjuster on the strap broke then the bag unravelled and fell to the floor, I have since then been looking for an alternative strap for this bag