Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 Jan 2013, 07:34:44 GMT
M W Coomber says:
Bearing in mind there would've been a lot of people (including myself) who would've pre-ordered this from HMV for their original pre-order price of £18.00, it would be very decent of Amazon if they/you could do the decent thing and at least keep the same price?

Whilst £18 is an expensive price for the steelbook, £20.99 makes it that bit too much for me

Posted on 16 Jan 2013, 12:41:23 GMT
A. Wieth says:
It's only £3 more, plus you get free (and faster) shipping since it's over £20

Posted on 16 Jan 2013, 12:44:40 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 16 Jan 2013, 12:45:16 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Jan 2013, 12:50:11 GMT
Dr. Feelgood says:
I concur...couldn't have said it better myself. But with barely any competition out there, Amazon can (and I believe that will do) do whatever it pleases. I for once won't support this.

Posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:49:55 GMT
Liam says:
Depends on whats happening with HMV., The film (looper Steelbook) itself is going on Ebay for alot more £25 upwards... However I would prefer to pay £18 and I have given some thought of just getting the standard edition :S

Posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:54:03 GMT
R. Garside says:
This was obviously what was going to happen once Amazon's two main competitors disappeared- massive price escalation. I will not be buying this steelbook until it reaches a lower price, and if that means I miss out, so be it.

Posted on 16 Jan 2013, 16:59:55 GMT
Liam says:
Fingers crossed Amazon read these posts and make a better judgement with how they use this time with selling items with regards the price... 2 companies have gone into administration because of the prices Amazon could go the same way if they dont learn from HMV, Jessops, Clintons, Woolworths etc

Posted on 16 Jan 2013, 20:57:04 GMT
Nik Davies says:
I don't think the £3 extra pounds matter. I think what matters is the fact that people who have pre-ordered don't get there money back (as far as I know anyway) Therefore they're having to spend £38.99

Posted on 16 Jan 2013, 21:48:53 GMT
M W Coomber says:
Nobody would've been charged from HMV as they don't charge until despatch :)

Posted on 17 Jan 2013, 09:19:17 GMT
I've pre-ordered, but if the price doesn't drop within the next few days I'll cancel. I'll still keep an eye on the price though, hoping for a good deal.

Posted on 17 Jan 2013, 11:42:28 GMT
Its now down to a better priced £18. Can't help think if only Sainsbury's online had gotten hold of this, it would have been more reasonably priced from the start. They seem to be cheaper than Amazon for most things. Shame Amazon won't price match them, but still, at least they continue to have a competitor.

Posted on 17 Jan 2013, 12:58:22 GMT
Liam says:
DROPPED! woop woop good days :)

Posted on 17 Jan 2013, 13:19:58 GMT
Liam says:
It would be pretty cool to have the HMV Exclusive sticker attached on the top :D

Posted on 17 Jan 2013, 17:08:35 GMT
M W Coomber says:
Thank you Amazon! :)

Posted on 17 Jan 2013, 17:43:25 GMT
Last edited by the author on 18 Jan 2013, 19:48:59 GMT
I'll hang in at 18. Although it would be nice if it dropped a little more.

[Edit] Now 15 at zavvi, so pre-ordered there. My finger hovers over the cancel button here.

Posted on 18 Jan 2013, 23:20:03 GMT
If you don't mind the Zavvi wait then its a bargain. Will Amazon price match'em? They've never price matched Sainsbury's online.

Posted on 19 Jan 2013, 21:54:33 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Jan 2013, 09:13:08 GMT
I've been reading various forums, and apparently Amazon won't price match Zavvi/The Hutt Group. So I think I'll give it a couple more days, and if it hasn't dropped I'll cancel here and keep my pre-order there. Three pound is three pound - better in my pocket than someone else's.

I'm cancelling! And I'll let them know why. If enough do this, then perhaps they'll change their policy and price-match Zavvi.

Posted on 21 Jan 2013, 11:36:16 GMT
Liam says:
Sorry Amazon... If you are unable to price match with Zavvi I'll cancel my order tomorrow :(

Posted on 21 Jan 2013, 11:54:21 GMT
I have never had them price match Sainsbury's online (who are currently cheaper for quite a few blu rays inc March's Dracula!), nor Zavvi. Amazon's loss, they're becoming like HMV, assuming buyers will be ignorant to searching out the best price. I'm sure they'll soon change their ways when sales drop.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013, 00:13:03 GMT
A. P. HERN says:
Still waiting to get it from zavvi, payed £13.95 so a good deal cheaper but zavvi is a joke despatch wise, hope i get a copy. Did anyone else order from zavvi?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2013, 09:09:44 GMT
I'm the same. I heard on another forum that they will have it available to send on the 4th. We'll see. I bought another Blu-ray from them and it was dispatched a week ago, so they're not filling me with confidence. I'll see what happens on or around the 4th and then decide whether or not to use them again.

Posted on 1 Feb 2013, 10:35:42 GMT
Liam says:
Crawled back too Amazon from Zavvi., However I got emails telling me about the delay which was anice touch but when i searched for Looper on the site nothing was showing up??? if anyone else had this problem?

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Feb 2013, 17:33:10 GMT
A. P. HERN says:
Gone from being listed on their site for some reason, have used them in the past many times as they're cheaper quite often and always have money off offers, often their blu-rays take some time but do get here

Posted on 3 Feb 2013, 11:21:51 GMT
DeeJay says:
Zavvi are just useless, I think the hutgroup are just running too many sites as their despatch times are a joke. My order has been waiting as stock pick since the 28th. Ive told them to cancel it, and as soon as its done ill grab it elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Feb 2013, 11:58:38 GMT
I just received my dispatch email today. I bought a Blu-ray from them a couple of weeks ago and it took an entire week to arrive after receiving the dispatched email. So I should have it by next Monday.
I've already seen the film, so the waiting isn't too much for me. But if you haven't seen the film yet, the waiting will definitely drive you nuts. Zaavi really need to work on getting their orders out and delivered in good time or they'll continue losing customers..
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  16 Jan 2013
Latest post:  14 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Looper Steelbook (Limited Edition) [Blu-ray]
Looper Steelbook (Limited Edition) [Blu-ray] by Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Blu-ray - 2013)
3.8 out of 5 stars (522)