At the Speed of Sound Box set
|Price:||£49.85 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is a review of the box set .
Compared to the previous sets this is the disapointing one .
The two latest box set are now in a book form instead of a box with books in them .
Venus and Mars is a great set , but this is poor .
The extra music is about 21 minutes so could have gone onto the album cd as one disc .
The dvd is poor . Original promo for Silly Love Songs , and a short film of Wings setting up in Venice which is fine but Wings fans were waiting for the film of Wings over Wembley. The problem is the whole film is not here , only a excerpt . This is meant to be the definitive version , a box set ! So why not put in the full film ?
Its seems that for such a big album that Speed of Sound was they just could not be bothered with putting in any more music or video and so compared to the other sets this is not value for money . Shame.
SoS doesn't quite reach as high as Venus and Mars or the pinnacle of class that was Band On The Run, but when you consider these three were released within only three years of each other it's hard not to be impressed.
As far as the remastering is concerned, I've listened to this back to back with the 1993 remaster and there is a very obvious improvement, even to my ravaged hearing (The bells, the bells!). It's difficult to be specific, suffice to say that everything is clearer and crisper; you can now hear individual instruments, with much clearer separation. The 1993 now sounds quite muddy in cpmparison. Overall, then, a success and worth the money- I think this is the fourth time I've bought it: Vinyl, Original CD release, 1993 Remaster, 2014 Remaster- so that'll probably do it until they release the Holographic, Paul singing in your living room version.Read more ›
The remix quality of this CD is very good. The voices and instruments are clear and precisely placed. An excellent piece of work.
The CD starts with the famous track 'Let 'em In', now a standard.
Then Denny Laine takes the lead on 'The Note You Never Wrote', which is a strong track: very sad. Paul had clearly recognised that one of the Beatles' strengths was that it had four members each capable of taking the lead vocals. A variety of lead breaks up a long album. Later on Jimmy McCulloch takes the lead on 'Wino Junko', Denny leads again on 'Time to Hide', Joe English sings 'Must do Something About It' and Linda sings 'Cook of the House'. Of the eleven original tracks, five are sung by the 'other' group members and not McCartney.
'She's my Baby' is one of the weaker tracks but immediately followed by 'Beware My Love': instantly memorable.
After 'Wino Junko' comes one of McCartney's most famous ripostes to John Lennon: 'Silly Love Songs'. This is loved and reviled in equal measure. Either way, it is a once-heard, never-forgotten song. The bass-line is superb.
'Cook of the House' is Linda's contribution: many people will wince at the apparent stereotyping. It's a standard 16-bar rockabilly number: enjoyable but lightweight. 'Time to Hide' is anything but lightweight, however and Denny Laine sings it strongly.Read more ›
I'll be reviewing the remastered Vinyl album.
Track listing is as follows;
1. Let 'Em In - A fairly long song, bit of a foot-tapper. Good start to an album. - 5:10
2. You Note You Never Wrote - Song written and sung by Denny Laine, this track is my favourite on the album. - 4:19
3. She's My Baby - A love song written by Paul directed towards Linda, lyrics are quite silly but still not a bad song. - 3:09
4. Beware My Love - The masterpiece of the album. Lovely production and arrangements on this track. - 6:27
5. Wino-Junko - The only song Jimmy McCulloch sings on the album, he co-wrote it with Colin Allen. - 5:19
1. Silly Love Songs - Great song to kick off Side 2. Paul McCartney shows his high skill as a bass player on this track very well. - 5:53
2. Cook of the House - The weakest song on the album. Linda McCartney wrote and sings on this track. 1950s style blues song. - 2:37
3. Time to Hide - Another song written and sung by Denny Laine. - 4:32
4. Must Do Something About It - Joe English sings this song written by Paul McCartney. Not keen on the start by it picks up, - 3:42
5. San Ferry Anne - A short by sweet song sung by Paul McCartney. - 2:07
6. Warm and Beautiful - The last song on the album is another love song by Paul McCartney directed to Linda.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
If you're reading this, you'll know the music (top notch), so the real question here is does the package and extra content warrant the price. Read morePublished 2 months ago by E.Walker
The songs wasnt as good as I remember it from my younger days. But a nice cover and the sound was good. Noter among the best Mc Cartney albums. But its ok.Published 4 months ago by Hans
Having never owned a copy of this before I was surprised how good it is. It isnt a patch on Band on the Run but it was always going to be difficult following that. Read morePublished 4 months ago by S. L. DRUMMOND
This has some of McCartney's best solo work, without the self-indulgence that blighted some of his work. Wings are in good formPublished 5 months ago by pjt
Beautifully packaged. Original album sounds better than ever. A 5.1 mix would have been nice thoughPublished 7 months ago by Sunsettown