At Hitler's Side: The Memoirs of Hitler's Luftwaffe Adjutant (Greenhill Book) Paperback – 30 Sep 2010
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
He added some bits of information that I did not know - so in my opinion, it is a worthwhile book.
The book is essentially a diary written from memory, after the events, and obviously with the benefit of a huge amount of hindsight. Again, for people of similar positions to that held by von Below, we hear how they knew nothing of the holocaust and they never heard Hitler talk about the holocaust. Given Hitler's dislike of the Jews and many other ethnic groups, this is quite frankly impossible to believe. Mr von Below also tried to paint himself in a positive light - well trusted by all, friends with everyone, desperate to do his thing at the front but denied by Hitler etc. Whilst most of the book simply described known events, there is a fair amount of interesting text about the interaction and mutual dislike of many of the main players in the Third Reich.
The writing is easy on the eyes and the structure of the book, besides following the years of the War, has been well highlighted around key events. The photographs are mildly interesting though not earth shattering. The book would have benefited enormously from a large map showing all the key place names mentioned in the text. The absence of a map in books like this always makes me wonder if even the publishers bothered reading it!?!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a very interesting book by a person who lived close to Hitler for the 8 years 1938-45. It is best described as 'a stolid description of what happened', much of which we... Read morePublished on 3 Oct. 2013 by Hector
This book is not well written and the translation is a bit awkward at times. However the insight Von Below gives into life at HItlers side is fascinating and invaluable. Read morePublished on 7 May 2013 by Dombo13
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Historical > 1901 Onwards
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Germany
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > Air Force
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage > World War II
- Books > History > Europe > Germany
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Air Forces
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Battles & Campaigns
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Biographies & Memoirs