on 20 May 2016
I researched pretty much every tablet around the £100 mark and this came up as one of the most reliable, best value for money tabs out there. I bought 2 for my kids who still haven't managed to fill them up with all their terrible games, or break them with their clumsy child hands.

When I get a chance to play on them they are very slick, the cpu rarely causes things to slow down to a judder which I noticed on their freinds similarly priced Lenovo. (note to others, don't give your kids freinds your wifi pass ...you'll never get rid of them).

I'm here doing the review, should be my kids ...hangon, two ticks...

..."cool!" apparently. What more could you ask, it's cool. =)
2 people found this helpful
on 16 June 2015
I used to really like Asus devices (this being my 5th Asus product) and on the whole this device is OK. The screen is very clear, the memory, storage and performance are adequate, although we have managed to find a few downsides:
Compared to the ME173X, which is older and uses an ARM processor versus an Intel ATOM:
There is no performance advantage to the new device
There have been several apps (all were kids games) which are not compatible with the newer model
The device runs rather warm (almost alarmingly so)
Battery life is not as good as the older ME173X
Build quality is not as good

To be clear, this device was bought for my kids to use and it fits the purpose without costing silly money like some of the brands out there.

This week it received an upgrade to Android 5.0 (Lollipop), I just wish the older memoPad HD7 was getting this as that seems to have been abandoned by Asus and left on 4.2
on 22 February 2015
This is a budget tablet so I was expecting much worse! It is a lovely looking tablet, it came in a nice package, updated to the latest KitKat (sadly Lollipop is not available for this model). The tablet is fast and the battery is long lasting. It is comfortable to handle, if a bit on the heavy side. The display is quite reflective but not annoyingly so. I also have an iPad and to be honest I prefer this, also because I now like Android better than IOS. After receiving the tablet I immediately proceeded to install a proper launcher and to root it (which takes 1 minute no tethering necessary either) to get rid of all the Asus (and Google) bloatware and nuisances. The only flaw at least in my case was a very annoying display flickering which happens every 2-3 seconds. To get rid of this you simply need to check Disable HW overlays in the (hidden) Developer options. Other than this (and the lack of Lollipop support) I am very pleased with the tablet so far.
on 4 May 2015
Brilliant!! I love this tablet, I've got an ipad mini, a Samsung 4, a Samsung tab s and a kindle fire hd and to be honest I use this one more than all of them, brilliant battery life, lovely screen, 16g, so easy and relaxing to use. I've never had any problems with it at all. To be honest for the money i didn't think it would be upto much but it's worth double what i payed.... If your looking for a 7 inch tablet don't waste your money on anything else 👍👍👍👍
3 people found this helpful
on 6 February 2015
I received my MeMo pad 7 In August. I had changed from kindle. I had seen a board with Asus advertisement while on the train. Thought I would give it a try.

The main benefit for me is the ability to add a micro sim. Which is not available with kindle. Things worked perfectly until 25th of January then it wouldn't stay on. So I contacted Asus about a repair.

What did we do before technology? I'm told it could take upto a month or less for the repair to complete. My device was in mint condition. Not a mark.

The responsiveness of the device was amazing. It did everything that I needed and more. I have never bought into the hype of Apple. Everyone told me I should spend extra on an Apple. For what I needed the tablet for the MeMo Pad 7 was the ticket. I can't wait to get it back.

I would not hesitate to recommend MeMo to my family and friends. As most of them have Apple and swear this problem would not happen with Apple. Electronics can malfunction any electronic device.

Regards
2 people found this helpful
on 18 July 2015
It's good at light tasks and watching movies/youtube etc. Great battery life even when playing Youtube or Netflix.
Intense gaming or similar tasks will make you regret not getting a better one.
I find myself re-typing half the words I write- the keyboard seems a little dim. I have no such issues on a smaller Samsung phone.
Does take more time than I'm use to, to open apps. But not so much you'll be bothered by it.
Camera is crap unless you don't have an alternative. They should have traded in the camera for some extra RAM.
If it helps I would compare it to a Samsung Galaxy S2 with regards to performance.
Comparing it to tablets 3x or 5x the price would be unfair.
For £100 it's a bargain and as long as you don't want to use it for anything intensive, you will be happy you didn't spend more than you needed to.
on 10 November 2015
Very impressed with this tablet. Superb, clear, colourful graphics. High speed loading and responsive in use. Easy to navigate and does not 'lag' very often (unlike my Samsung which lags regularly). When I purchase anything else in the future, I will put ASUS (Intel) as my first choice. Do not pontificate over which one to buy.....this is the BEST. Asus tech team deserve recognition. Not over-priced either!
on 2 January 2015
Having seen on line reviews I decided to buy the Asus MeMO Pad 7. I had been originally planning to get a Nexus 7. The MeMO pad was significantly cheaper. The build quality is good. Feels solid . The screen is bright. Had it up & running quickly. I've only been using the tablet for a couple of days so have yet to fully use / test a lot of the functions. Looks promising.

Could do with a user guide as none included in the box, however a downloadable one can be found on the web if needed.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a good value tablet.

Bought together with the IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case - which fits it nicely and places the tablet in sleep mode when closed.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 31 December 2014
I don't often write reviews on Amazon, reserving them exclusively for what I believe are exceptional items. This tablet fits that critera; it is fantastic, and without going into too much detail, I can say that you won't find anything else that beats it in this price range. Is it the best tablet under £100 at the moment? Yes. Would it beat the Tesco Hudl 2 (as this appears the tablet that the MeMo is up against)? Hard to say, but the Hudl 2 is £50 more and has a larger screen meaning it is, some could say, in a different category from this.

It has a very solid build, with a nice brushed plastic back that feels reasonably strong - at this price point, very satisfactory. The quality of the screen, however, is what surprised me the most - having read some reviews that said the screen was average to okay at best, I wasn't preparing for anything too special. So imagine my surprise when I fire it up and see that the screen is both clear and colourful, with very nice contrast and a good saturation balance. Performance-wise, this is also a great little tablet. It stutters occasionally, but it has coped very nicely with everything I have thrown at it thus far.

In short, to summarise my first point, you won't get anything better for this price. Give it a go, and be impressed; and if you don't like it, then you can send it back.
on 15 November 2014
Nice tablet, more of a premium feel than the price suggests. Wifi drops away on occasion and the battery life isn't too great, especially on youtube. But the screen is nice and bright and the speaker is plenty loud enough for films etc. Delivery was also what it said on the tin. Pretty good all round
6 people found this helpful