Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ £5.40 UK delivery
Asus MB168B 15.6 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Black (500:1, 200cd/m2, 1366 x 768, 11ms, USB 3.0)
|Price:||£132.66 FREE UK delivery.|
|You Save:||£17.33 (12%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- 15.6-inch HD portable USB-powered monitor with a single USB 3.0 cable for power and data transmission
- World's slimmest and lightest USB monitor with a sleek and metallic finish
- Auto-rotating display bundled with the ASUS Smart Case - a two-way adjustable stand and protective sleeve
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The 15.6-inch MB168B portable USB-powered monitor needs just one USB cable for both its video signal and power to deliver up to a 1366 x 768 HD resolution. Thanks to the higher bandwidth of USB 3.0, experience fast, fluid images from your connected device that makes having an on-the-go multi-display setup a reality. What's more, the MB168B is backwards compatible with a notebook or desktop PC USB 2.0 port.
Asus MB168B 15.6 inch Wide LED/TN Monitor 500:1 200cd/m2 1366 x 768 11ms USB 3.0 (Black)
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Very good quality product with a great case/stand and cable (which I thought was long enough but had monitor on the left of the laptop).
I didn't even need the CD. I have Windows 7 and as soon as I connected the monitor to my USB port it started installing the driver. All I had to do (which I find I have to always do when install a driver off a USB plug in, was to un-plug the device when the driver has finished installing and then plug it back in again and wait. So you might get a message saying something like unable to install driver, just un-plug and plug back in again.
I tried it on both my Sony Vaio laptop (about 5 years old) and my work HP laptop (about 3 months old) and they were both successfully installed in about 45 seconds.
I tested watching a film and that was perfect, so I'm looking forward to working away from home now next week hee hee!
The brightness and contrast switch on the left side works just fine and as I was happy to find out, the USB 3 plug (data/power) plus in at the bottom of the left side. I personally find it plugs in solidly and I wiggled it around without any issues (so maybe the problem some people has commented on has been fixed) in fact I found I had to 'tug' the USB plug to get it out, so that was satifying to know.
So if you are not sure about getting this product I can highly recommend it.
1. Works with Windows 10.
2. USB3 cable supplied is long enough to connect monitor to laptop on same table/desk.
3. Screen resolution is good is sufficient for the price.
4.Light and will fit in a suitably sized laptop bag.
5.Portable and ideal for those who work out of the office and require an extra screen when onsite.
6.Supplied with a protective case which can be used as a stand.
7.Video playback quality is good. Overall it works well.
8.Its great not to have to lug a monitors power pack around.
1. Driver installation using the supplied software did not work initially. I downloaded the latest versions from the Asus website.
2. The case is good and will protect the monitor during transit. I do not like using it as a stand and instead have used a ipad stand acquired from a very cheap high street store.
3. No Linux support that I am aware of.
Very pleased with this monitor. I travel a lot and it's become a must-have whenever I've got any detailed work requirements when on the road.
* Worked immediately without the driver disk (however see 'cons' below) on my Windows 7 Pro/64 bit machine
* Screen is nice and bright with good colours and viewing angles
* Resolution offers a good price/performance option. I use it for detailed spreadsheets without any issue. Clearly the higher res one would look sharper, but for me, I'm pleased with this and glad I saved the money
* The case feels pretty sturdy and reasonably attractive. It's also very functional - holds the monitor at a choice of 2 separate angles (vertical and slightly leaning back). I use the latter as it provides the best viewing angle for me, and it feels more secure in the upright position.
* Good portability - I've flown with it in hand luggage a few times now, slots into the bag with no issues. Very easy to whip out of the case to go through security.
* Looks great - the aluminum back seems to draw attention. Many colleagues assume it's some sort of large tablet PC.
* Whilst it worked straight away without the driver disk, it was pretty flaky. I found I had to do a full boot up every time it was unplugged, else I got a "driver is not compatible" error popping up. That makes it pretty unusable on a day where you need to keep taking your laptop off to meetings.Read more ›
Packaging : Very, very good packaging, if anything overkill. Came inside 3 boxes: a paper padded Amazon box, a blank cardboard box with some foam, presumably from Asus, and then the Product box, with fitted foam around the Panel itself. All I could have asked for and more, and the product arrived in perfect shape.
Aesthetics: The bezel of the panel is just plain plastic (ABS I think) with an Asus logo on the bottom centre, so from the front the monitor is nothing to write home about, but turn around the back and it is a large silver brushed panel with a larger Asus logo, dressed to impress on the table of any conference room. The product is also extremely thin, making it look even better. The buttons on the side also look good, with a small LED in the power button to show the status.
Panel Quality: At £120 the panel was never going to be anything jaw-dropping, so I was pleasantly surprised when I first turned on the display. Although the panel is not 1080p like the laptop screen it is accompanying, it is not extremely noticeable, and the colour depth more than makes up for it. Contrary to my expectations, this panel was not plagued by the usual washed-out blueish colours that most cheap laptop screens have. This makes it great for doing photo editing on the move, when away from my 24inch monitor, as my laptop screen tends to cause me to over-saturate colours. The only qualm I have is poor viewing angles, as discolouration happens very quickly, so I would not recommend for sharing movies or for a slideshow, however this should not matter in a reasonably static desk environment.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Does exactly what I need it to; plug into a power USB socket on any PC and it automatically recognizes it as a second screen with only basic drivers needed. Read morePublished 28 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is AMAZING! Just plugs into my laptop and I can slip it into my laptop bag as an extra screen. Worth every penny - I would give it 6 stars if I could!Published 1 month ago by Ms. A. Hull
It works, but wasn't really what I wanted. Though I can't complain about the product!Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
a brilliant second screen monitor. If you are running Windows 10, don't bother with the enclosed driver disc, just search out the latest from the Asus website. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Tony Hinds
Seems to work fine with my older USB2 laptop, the specs say it won't be as bright on USB2 but I've never found that to be a problem, the viewing angles are pretty awful but that's... Read morePublished 2 months ago by dragon
Good piece of kit but the cable to connect to my laptop is a bit on the short side. I have purchased a longer one.Published 2 months ago by Mr Toad
I bought this in in the US after luggage handlers damaged my Toshiba display. Every cloud has a silver lining! Amazon.com gave me next-day delivery (on a Sunday! Read morePublished 3 months ago by Dirk
The product is good but the only downside is that there is no room to adjust the brightness of the screen. Read morePublished 3 months ago by T O ogban
Great product. Easy to install and you're up and running in couple of minutes. Lightweight and fits easily into the "sleeve" on my laptop bag. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Advent7