Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 - Placa base (Controlador LAN: Realtek RTL8111E, Puerto de salida S/PDIF)
|Price:||£49.29 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details|
|You Save:||£5.73 (10%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
AM3+ based motherboard with EPU power optimisation
Note:Update the BIOS to the latest revision which may help with RAM compatibility.
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, Up to 16GB DDR3, USB 3.0, uATX)
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Good points are:
-It has an AM3+ socket for the CPU which will work with any of the bulldozer processors (e.g. amd fx6200 and fx8350).
-It has 4 slots for RAM, which means you can have up to 16gb of ram, although i've got 8gb and never used all of that.
-It has USB 3.0 at the back of the motherboard, meaning faster data transfer on usb 3.0 enabled devices.
-It comes with a disk with software which can monitor your cpu and motherboard temperatures, which is useful if you want to do benchmarks etc.
-under £50 and has all the above features, which is brilliant!
Bad points are:
-Nothing at the price it is. There are better motherboards out there which have enough slots for 2 or 3 graphics cards and stuff but those cost £150, which is way above my price range and many other people's!
This is a great motherboard which has everything a computer needs to have, don't hesitate on buying this if your CPU had an AM3+ socket!
So why did I choose this board?
- Decent size and great finishing.
- Nothing feels cheap and nasty - everything screams QUALITY.
Design and Finish:
- I love how the Sata ports are positioned, slightly raised and angled so that the cables connect in neatly but away from the board. Each Sata port has a seperate casing :)
- The general layout of this motherboards in terms of connections are well thoughtout and so helpful for custom builders.
- Enough space between the RAM slots and the CPU to add a large cpu cooler/water cooler with no struggles.
- Plenty of USB 3.0 and even more USB 2.0 ports - if your case supports USB 3.0 connection this can easily be added to the motherboard.
- Future proof support windows 8.1 and SSD its definately worth investing in.
- P.O.S.T. with LED indicator (green/red) and beep sound. Basic I know but you don't realise how many other motherboards skimp on the LED indication.
- Excellent realtek sound card (I have creative XiFi soundcard but no need for it) fantasic sound options.
- Excellent GUI and boot logo it definately looks the part of being 'TUF'
- Easy to use GUI which has three default settings for you system performance, simply click on the desired option and it will reboot. Also very quick, no lags.
- Advanced option for those that wish to overclock and tinker with the settings.
- Straight forward, no nonsense flash bios and updates via usb.Read more ›
The one detraction is the awful Asus utility - AI Suite II - this is actually a collection of utilities that you can use to tune system performance. It has major problems with stability and one of the utilities (Network iControl) will cripple your on-board Ethernet performance unless you remove it. Fortunately, you can select which utilities to activate - I have just Fan Control and System Information running.
I have given it 5 stars despite the AI Suite II problems because the card itself is fast and cool and quiet and the utility is just a waste of two days time - but now you know that, you will not have that problem...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A great motherboard with a vast range of compatible cpu's and memory's. Motherboard was a little larger in size than I expected but fit snug into my micro atx case. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great motherboard, only niggle is you need a USB floppy drive to raid hard drives.Published 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
I seem to be getting sound issues a lot with this board not what I expected from such a high quality boardPublished 9 days ago by Donkeykong64
Brilliant board, especially a for a beginner learning to build your first PC.Published 12 days ago by James C Curtis-Davis
Nice easy board to work with, everything where it should be for good cable management. Simple BIOS. If you are on a tight budget but want the am3+ socket plus usb 3 then this is... Read morePublished 13 days ago by david howley