Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

on 17 April 2010
As all DK books are good this one does not disappoint for a general astronomy book. It is very good for an interested young teanager and is a good for general interest in the subject.
Too many pages given over to star charts that have little relevance to the amature astronomer, however I enjoyed the book given it's low and cost good quality illustrations and to the point revision if you have read much before, and if not an excellent start!!. Just a good addition to the amature astronemers library.
on 16 August 2014
This was a present for my 14 year old grandson who wants to be an astrophysicist. I bought it for him for holiday reading and I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for a 2 week holiday in Minorca - but I did notice that he packed it in his suitcase. I am not particularly interested in astronomy but the usual DK layout is so attractive that I found myself reading it before I gave it to him.
on 17 February 2015
Bought as a gift. It looked good and 16yr old grandson did get off his computer for all of half an hour to look through it, and he actually said "Thanks this looks great" . I think that's a success!
on 18 April 2013
Expect more orders from family and friends!
This book is packed with fascinating information in a form understandable by all.
on 17 January 2013
I highly recommend this book this book, it'sgreat .
Gives the reader the history of astronomy and a good begining
on 3 May 2016
Interesting and well structured book for beginners and for the more experienced.
on 27 October 2014
I had no doubts! The "Eyewitness Companions" books satisfy me ever!
on 30 October 2014
Very good condition very pleased with purchase
on 4 November 2014
It is very interesting reading.
on 2 December 2014