Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 March 2010
This is an excellent book which is well written, and extremely user friendly. I have used it for my "PACR" Physical Assessment and Clinical Reasoning course and it was worth every penny. Nicely formatted with tips and reminders, which make it easy to read and revise from. I would definitely recommend this, and a good price too.
on 15 February 2012
I absolutely love this book. We all buy text books in the hope of reading them, but a couple of chapters in we are all bored. Well not this one!!!! It is designed in such a way that it is enjoyable to read even a few chapters in. The quiz at the end of a section are a good tool to ensure that you have taken in and understood what you've read. I am completing a patient assessment module at the moment and this has become my bible!!! Would recommend to anyone.
on 4 December 2011
I can not fault the whole procedure and how quick it all was, I was able to start studying earlier because of the speed. Would definitely recommend.
on 19 March 2013
This book covers all the systems with easy to remember mnemonics to help you learn. I particularly liked the test questions at the end of each chapter and the large section of test questions at the back. There is also a summary at the end of each chapter, so perfect for revision.
on 3 November 2011
Bought this book when I went on the PDUK course. Easy to read and use and explains examination well and what you are looking for. Lots of memory joggers - great for me. I now use it at work as a reference. Would strongly recommend.
on 14 August 2016
A great book. Easy to read and written in a style that supports student learning whilst being thorough enough to please maybe the more advanced learner.
It's expensive, but of a suitably high quality to be a book referred to many times rather than propping up on a book shelf somewhere.

recommended
on 23 May 2014
I'm a student nurse, and was looking for a book to help with the clinical assessment of patients. This book, is very well laid out, with well explain reasoning behind assessment, and explains how to carry out a huge range of clinical assessment. It gets a big thumbs up from me. :)
on 27 August 2014
I passed my physical assessment and history taking Masters module............... 82% what more can I say!!! But then one of my lecturers was Dr Helen Rushforth herself. Great book, simple and aimed at nurses, no medical jargon. Found the book invaluable.
on 22 September 2015
A fantastic introduction to assessment. Includes A&P for each system and advice on history taking. Well written and easy to follow. It has been invaluable in during my physical examination course and osce's.
on 31 January 2015
Excellent book, simplifying the patient assessment process in easy to remember steps. Mostly aimed at Doctors, but other health professionals can benefit from it too. I used this book on some courses over other popular names due to it's simplistic and easy to follow lay-out.
Well worth it if you're a paramedic especially use to the changing nature of their roles.