- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education / Europe, Middle East & Africa; 3 edition (1 Nov. 2005)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0077114280
- ISBN-13: 978-0077114282
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 1.5 x 22.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (26 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 99,863 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Assertiveness At Work: A Practical Guide to Handling Awkward Situations (UK Professional Business Management / Business) Paperback – 1 Nov 2005
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Ken and Kate Back have specialised in assertiveness training for more than twenty years. In this practical book, Ken and Kate have brought together their experiences in training thousands of people to be more assertive at work. In addition to books, they have written many articles, advised on and produced videos and appeared on television programmes about assertiveness. They have made a significant contribution to the development and spread of assertiveness training both in the UK and overseas.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The course leaders also recommended Eric Berne's classic book, "The Games People Play". Games People Play: The Psychology of Human Relationships
It matches up with another couple of my favourites - The One Minute Manager - Leadership and the One Minute Manager and Just Listen: Discover the Secret to Getting Through to Absolutely Anyone
And if you are reading the Situational Leadership book you'll want a copy of the film "12 O'clock High" to practice spotting the styles of both leader and follower.
Twelve O'Clock High [DVD] 
It's marvellously well structured, detailed in the most helpful way and uses superbly contextualised examples throughout. Most of all it's interesting and readable.
An excellent book for personal and professional use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I first discovered this book many years ago. What struck me then, and still does that the Backs make three categories for consideration. Read morePublished 5 months ago by JDX
I really struggled with learning to say 'no' at work and not feeling guilty about it - this book is great for helping people like me who are confident, but find it a struggle to... Read morePublished 12 months ago by T. Vecanski
must have for any professional. I am reading for the second time and it's helping me a lot.Published on 28 Feb. 2015 by Vicky
I could really have done with this book when dealing with colleagues whose professionalism left much to be desired. Read morePublished on 21 Feb. 2015 by Tony
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Assertiveness
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Leadership
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational