Assault Landing Craft: Design, Construction and Operations Hardcover – 18 Jun 2009
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Unlike their American cousins, once the British had decided on the design, few modifications were made. These boats gave good account of themselves and served in all theaters, primarily in Europe. This book has many very clear B&W photos, the line drawings, though small, are very clear and provide perspective on the boat's design. I especially enjoyed reading about the crew duties, training and experiences on these craft.
Recommended addition to your library if you have an interest in seaborne operations, landing craft, amphibious assault.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Archaeology > Maritime Archaeology
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland
- Books > History > Maritime History > Battleships
- Books > History > Maritime History > Naval Battles
- Books > History > Military History > Armed Forces > Naval Forces
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Battles & Campaigns
- Books > History > World History > World War II 1939-1945 > Naval Warfare