on 19 January 2012
OK so the books mostly copy the narrative from the game, but there are large sections that are original and unique. Towards the end, although I'm not even halfway through the book, it fills in the gap from when you finish the game, right through to his old age, and if I'm still gripped by that point then there's no doubt this guy is a very involving writer. I have the other 3 books in the series as well as all the PS3 games and I can't get enough of it right now, looking forward to the next book hopefully this year when the next game is released. No reason why there won't be a book.
on 16 June 2017
I am a huge fan of the assassin's creed series. I have played all the games. However in the games you can get distracted from what you characters objectives actually are. With the books this doesn't happen. You have such a great navigator in Oliver Bowden that he simply brings you back to the fold. The game can only tell you so much but with the book it expands the whole universe to another plane! For this reason it gets top marks from me
on 19 July 2012
Once again Bowden has probably been banging his head against the keyboard whilst writing this. He cannot utilise his greatest qualities that he clearly possesses when it comes to writing novels. The entire story based around the game was frustrating and lacked more passion than a Templar goon. I did however, as with the previous novel based on Altaiir, thoroughly enjoy his rendition of Altaiir's life that Ezio observes through the gemstones and also the end part that you may call 'Post-Assassin' Ezio. Once again, Bowden did a fantastic job of opening up the emotions of the characters and making the reading fluent and enjoyable. I nearly cried at that last page after Ezio's death. If this guy writes a book completely free of the video game storyline restriction then I will be one of the first to pre-order it. Read it if you love the games, don't read it if you love books.
on 1 December 2013
I was surprised at how hooked I was to this novel, I played the game but I felt more emotions towards Ezio during the novel because it relayed more emotions than in the game which came as a welcomed surprise. I enjoyed reading Ezio's actual journey to Masyaf and then the addition of 'Embers' to end his story. I highly recommend this to all Assassin's Creed fans!
on 31 July 2016
Arrived when stated and in excellent condition for a very fair price. Love these novels they really are word-for-word, scene-for-scene from the games in many parts but with awesome extras.
on 9 January 2018
Lost my paperback copies. Glad they are now on kindle. Thank you
on 1 February 2014
This had me gripped again. Sublimely laid out story, intelligently written. Heroes, villains and passing characters, sword fighting, politics, intrigue, double crosses, it's all here. The whole series i would highly recommend. But be sure to read in order or you knob at get lost. Black flag next. Cannot wait!!!
on 15 August 2012
Played all the games and love the story behind the game, These books really do fill in those gaps you feel you are missing between the games, this book is nice and easy to read (well written) i am a big fan of Ezio this book really finishes the character well, ACR didn't do a good job at ending Ezios story, well done for this book. bring on Conner in AC3 :)
on 9 March 2017
bought this as a gift for my son he has read and finished it already.
on 4 August 2016
I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the next book I would recommend to all my family and friends.