- Platform: PlayStation 4
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 18 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 18. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 18 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (PS4)
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
- A brash rebel Assassin--Become Edward Kenway, a charismatic yet brutal pirate captain, trained by Assassins. Edward can effortlessly switch between the Hidden Blade of the Assassin's Order and all new weaponry including four flintlock pistols and dual cutlass swords.
- Explore and open world filled with opportunities--Discover the largest and most diverse Assassin's Creed world ever created. From Kingston to Nassau, explore 50 unique locations where you can live the life of a pirate including: - Loot underwater shipwrecks - Assassinate Templars in blossoming cities - Hunt for rare animals in untamed jungles - Search for treasure in lost ruins - Escape to hidden coves
- Become the most feared pirate in the Caribbean--Command your ship, the Jackdaw, and strike fear in all who see her. Plunder and pillage to upgrade the Jackdaw with ammunition and equipment needed to fight off enemy ships. The ship's improvements are critical to Edward's progression through the game. Attack and seamlessly board massive galleons, recruit sailors to join your crew and embark on an epic and infamous adventure.
- Experience the gritty reality behind the pirate fantasy--Stand amongst legendary names such as Blackbeard, Calico Jack and Benjamin Hornigold, as you establish a lawless Republic in the Bahamas and relive the truly explosive events that defined the Golden Age of Piracy.
- Multiplayer experience--Fight against or cooperate with your friends in the ruthless and acclaimed multiplayer experience. Choose from an eclectic cast of characters and fight to the death in exotic themed maps.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Platform: PlayStation4 | Edition: Standard Edition
Exclusively for the PlayStation 4:
Aveline, the first leading female Assassin who headlined Assassin’s Creed III Liberation on the Sony PlayStation Vita system, returns in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag with three missions exclusively on PS4.
The year is 1715. Pirates rule the Caribbean and have established their own lawless Republic where corruption, greediness and cruelty are commonplace.
Among these outlaws is a brash young captain named Edward Kenway. His fight for glory has earned him the respect of legends like Blackbeard, but also drawn him into the ancient war between Assassins and Templars, a war that may destroy everything the pirates have built.
Welcome to the Golden Age of Piracy.
- A BRASH REBEL ASSASSIN – Become Edward Kenway, a charismatic yet brutal pirate captain, trained by Assassins. Edward can effortlessly switch between the Hidden Blade of the Assassin’s Order and all new weaponry including four flintlock pistols and dual cutlass swords.
- EXPLORE AN OPEN WORLD FILLED WITH OPPORTUNITIES – Discover the largest and most diverse Assassin’s Creed world ever created. From Kingston to Nassau, explore over 75 unique locations where you can live the life of a pirate including:
- Loot underwater shipwrecks
- Assassinate Templars in blossoming cities
- Hunt for rare animals in untamed jungles
- Search for treasure in lost ruins
- Escape to hidden coves
- BECOME THE MOST FEARED PIRATE IN THE CARIBBEAN – Command your ship, the Jackdaw, and strike fear in all who see her. Plunder and pillage to upgrade the Jackdaw with ammunition and equipment needed to fight off enemy ships. The ship’s improvements are critical to Edward’s progression through the game. Attack and seamlessly board massive galleons, recruit sailors to join your crew and embark on an epic and infamous adventure.
- EXPERIENCE THE GRITTY REALITY BEHIND THE PIRATE FANTASY – Stand amongst legendary names such as Blackbeard, Calico Jack and Benjamin Hornigold, as you establish a lawless Republic in the Bahamas and relive the truly explosive events that defined the Golden Age of Piracy.
- THE BEST ASSASSIN’S CREED MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE TO DATE - Put your assassination skills to test and embark on an online journey throughout the Caribbean. Discover a brand new set of pirate characters, and explore exotic and colourful locations. Additionally, create your own game experience with the new Game Lab feature – craft your own multiplayer mode by choosing abilities, rules and bonuses. Play and share your newly created mode with your friends.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You do all the same moves as in the previous games, i.e. eagle mapping, haystack jumping, stealth kills, Templar hunts etc... I just felt a loss of connection to a great Assassin history.
Plenty of side missions to keep you occupied (and thankfully the gameplay is more similar to the Ezio collection), lots of treasure hunts, scouring the oceans, a few unnecessary animal killings - I see no point in skinning whales, crocs, boars etc when it makes little difference to your progress (I completed the game without doing this).
Despite a couple of drawbacks, I really really enjoyed playing this game and was a little sad when it ended. A great Pirate Adventure.
On a side note, looking at Origins and Odyssey, it really does appear that the game has stretched far to much and lost its gel. A bit like how The Matrix spoon-bent out of proportion to such a catastrophic and lazy end. I hope AC goes back to the actual depth of the story (to what made it so great, initially) and doesn't go all 'Matrix 3' on us. I see no reason why we can't revisit Al-Tair or Ezio's era and even play as a different character alongside the original stories. As Al-Tair was the ultimate, why has he and his fascinating history been left so far behind? Ubisoft, do not be afraid to revisit something that worked and avoid other avenues that don't. That's all.
Unlike the rest of the series which refuses to evolve, Black Flag tried something a bit different and it was a massive breath of fresh air for the series. The story follows a pirate - Edward Kenway - who ends up in the middle of an Assassin-Templar war.
In terms of gameplay you can expect the same as any other AC game. Somewhat buggy parkour, simple melee combat and no real requirement to use stealth for the most part. Where this game really shines is in its ship combat and how, even with the arcade physics, the ship manages to feel exactly like a ship. The weapons you can use are well-implemented and easy to control, but the ship combat has some depth to it thanks to the variety of - useful - weapons and multi-ship combat. If you're feeling really brave, you can take on the legendary ships and prove your salt as a captain.
I'm very glad that I took the plunge though. Firstly as everyone seems so focused on graphics this generation (not whether or not a game is actually good....) they won't disappoint. At times I just had Edward stand there whilst I admired the scenery. I've played the 360 version and the difference is very noticeable. From the vegetation to the sea spray and smoke whilst pirating the seas! Great soundtrack too, I loved the sea shanties!
Aside from the graphics, the game plays very well - had a good solid story and likeable characters. There's lots of side quests and collectables for you to get your teeth into, making it a lot of game for your money - not to mention the whole pirating of the seas action available to you, which you can spend HOURS playing!
I finished the game with 77% sync and will go back at some point to try for 100% I'm sure. I highly enjoyed every minute and am glad to see UBISOFT get it right this time. My favourite Assassin's Creed game so far - very much looking forward to the next instalment now!
As a side note, the game works very well on Remote Play via the Vita.
As a game, though, it has great breadth and depth, and is a real pleasure to explore. That said, there are still bugs and glitches aplenty, so the port from last-gen to current is a rather lazy one. In these early days,though, when good titles are few and far between, Black Flag is, by default, the best action-adventure on PS4.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?