Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£24.99|
Save £1.25 (5%)
Asperger Syndrome Employment Workbook: An Employment Workbook for Adults with Asperger Syndrome: A Workbook for Individuals on the Autistic Spectrum, Their Families and Helping Professionals 1st , Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 320 pages||Word Wise: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersKindle Fire TabletsFire Phones
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The author claims to have been diagnosed with AS late in life, and the book is a distaillation of his own personal do's and don'ts. While the book is a laudable exercise as a tool for use with AS adults (young adults) it could be very limited. The fact that someone with AS (alledgedly) produces a guidebook for AS individuals does not in itself guarantee that the guidebook will be useful or contain interesting therapeutic insights. The latter does not follow inexorably from the former.
The book contains a great deal of personal advice, much of it derived from anecdotal recall by the author. The strength of this approach is that the author has direct experience of the events and outcomes. However, when these outcomes become elevated to general guidelines one is entitled to look for the experimental basis behind certain judgement calls. To be fair the author does provide a some literature references, but the overall tone of the book is largely autobiographical. Tony Attood gives the book a glowing preface which may influence your choice. It all depends on your needs.
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Career Guides
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Pregnancy & Childcare > Children's Health & Nutrition > Autism
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Reference > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Discrimination & Racism
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Finance > Careers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Families
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling > Psychology