Learn More Shop now Fitbit Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Mar 2013, 23:40:11 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Mar 2013, 23:19:10 GMT
I hope it's an oversight at amazon.co.uk - The UK (region free) version of The Wild Bunch is listed here as 1.78:1 aspect ratio.. whereas amazon.com and dvdbeaver list the US (region coded) version as 2.40:1.

Can anyone here vouch for the aspect ratio of the UK version..?

Two weeks later: just received notice from Amazon (UK)'s catalogue people that they've taken my 'suggestion' and updated the specs for the UK blu ray of the Wild Bunch (Director's Cut) ..from 1.78:1 to 2.40:1.

All I did was point out that the advertised aspect ratio for the US Blu ray didn't match the UK version.

Meanwhile I've been browsing posts on comparative aspect ratios - and they do appear to differ, with the US (region A) generally regarded as truer to the original aspect ratio than Region B. But this is hearsay. One thing I have noticed onscreen is the little projectionist's circle that flashes twice at the end of each 10-minute reel of the original (up in the top-right corner, to alert them to switch projectors) - 16:9 versions of Rosemary's Baby and The Wicker Man (for example) both reveal a mean crop in the missing sections of those circles - note, that's on DVD (Region 4).. but it does indicate a 'full screen' aspect tyranny for 16:9 flatscreens that's every bit as awful as the old 4:3 - some folks just can't abide those black bars. They want their full 1080 pixels' worth and to hell with the way it was photographed..!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  6 Mar 2013
Latest post:  6 Mar 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about