on 2 March 2017
I found it so funny that I had to read it out loud (in between fits of laughter) to anyone who was near at the time.... husband..... friend..... person sitting at the next table along in Starbucks... even to the person who I sat next to in the waiting room of the doctors although I think I shouldn't have seeing as it made him laugh so much he couldn't breathe and needed the nurses assistance to calm down.
on 5 September 2014
What a brilliant little e-book! This seriously had me laughing out loud and I just had to read sections to family (who wanted to know what I was finding so funny) and so I had them laughing out loud too! This guy just sends such funny messages to unsuspecting Ebay sellers about the product(s) they have up for auction. These things ranged from products such as spells, used underwear and bedroom furniture. I just didn't know what on earth he was going to come out with next...a fantastic read!
on 5 September 2014
Very funny from start to finish, quite an emotional roller coaster at times but a lovely heart warming ending. Well done to the author. More books planned?
on 8 September 2014
Whilst the source playground is the internet, and specifically E-Bay, the concept is an old one.
Here, the author sends questions to E-Bay sellers asking naive or slightly odd questions and engaging them in spurious and sometimes humorous exchanges. It works well sometimes, less well at others, and I found it a little tiresome at times.
I did like the way there was a light narrative as the exchanges progressed - the back story moves on with time, which would have worked very well in the blog format from which the book is derived. But, the targets were quite obvious, and whilst I enjoyed it, there are much better examples of the genre out there.
Worth a giggle though, especially when the price is so reasonable.
on 5 October 2014
At first I didn't understand the premise of the book but by the end I did and I'm glad I did because it really made me laugh. A smattering of rib tickler moments coupled with some insightful comedic analysis of the lonely world of Internet relationships made for a thoroughly enjoyable romp.
on 22 August 2014
Once started, I couldn't stop!
It's 4.00 am and I am sore from laughing so hard, for so long.....had to be quiet, everyone else is asleep!
It's been a while since any book has made me giggle quite as much as this one has done!
Thank you, Mr. Hammond!
on 9 July 2014
I love this book. A brilliant idea well executed. The writing is both hilariously funny as well as having more depth than other books of the same genre.

I can't recommend this enough and once you read it, you'll be recommending it to everyone too
on 7 September 2014
Hilarious and witty as Fredrick Facedass' life and character is uncovered through his email mail correspondence with the truly bizarre world of eBay. Real laugh out loud moments from start to finish, a must read!
on 28 July 2014
This was so funny! It's not my usual kind of book so I was probably a little bit dubious but I really needn't have been. It made me laugh so much I ended up reading most of it out to my husband!
on 8 July 2014
Absolutely brilliant book. Very funny wind ups but never feels cruel and you really feel like you get to know the character Frederick and go on a journey with him. Very clever stuff!