- Find your favourite brands for less in the Fashion Outlet Store.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- **UPDATED** Larger GEL® Cushioning System - The ASICS GEL-cushioning system has always been the backbone of these shoes and this year the Gel cushioning now covers even a greater area of the shoe, making for an incredibly cuishioned and bouncy ride. This one piece GEL® heel unit has been designed with a sculpted shape to optimize cushioning.
- **UPDATED** Full Length Guidance Line - Combine the largest series GEL® Cushioning System with a Full Length Guidance Line® extending from the heel to the forefoot and you've got an incredibly cushioned ride, perfect for helping the foot move properly through the natural gait cycle.
- Outer Material: Synthetic
- Shoe Width: D
- **BRAND NEW** Discrete eyelets - This is where the laces are fed through, which helps to reduce irritation and improve fit.
- **BRAND NEW** DuoTech Warm - This is ideal for warm days with its perfect moisture management it means runners stay comfortable and dry which increases comfort as well as performance. It is part of ASICS's advanced DuoTech range, which provides high-quality, comfortable fabrics that protect and remain comfortable regardless of activity or weather conditions.
- AHAR - A tough material placed in critical areas of heavy contact on the shoe for exceptional durability.
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
ASICS are back with their flagship running shoe... Now even more cushioned and even LIGHTER!... welcome to the new ASICS GT-2170 from the Spring/Summer 2012 range The 2000 series has always been favoured with runners for its fit, ride and stability, the GT-2000TM series just keeps getting better and better. Weight reduction combined with a larger Rearfoot GEL® Cushioning System improves an already amazing ride, and makes the GT-2170TM the lightest model in its storied history. The full length Guidance Line, a groove on the underside of the sole, focuses the runner's tread reducing energy wastage and fatigue. The main benefit of Guidance Line is a more efficient path through the gait cycle, but it also helps the shoe shed some weight as well.
Top Customer Reviews
Doing some research on which trainers to buy for flat feet, I found these had good recommendations.
Their qualities include; cushioning, lightweight design, comfort and support; and more importantly priced within my budget.
After 200 miles of treadmill use, they are comfortable, fully supportive, I no longer have sore or injured feet, and show no signs of ware.
I have only used these trainers on a treadmill, but based on that experience will give them top marks; and recommend to all treadmill users.
I soon discovered that the 2120 was no longer produced and so called Asics (in the UK) and explained what I had and what and why I was looking for in a replacement. They could not have been more helpful, I was put directly through to their technical team who listened very careful and gave me their recommendations, it was a genuine pleasure to talk to them.
I ordered the 2170 and they arrived the following day, not having a chance to wear them (except in the house) I took them on holiday 2 days later as my only pair of shoes.
For 4 days I wore them around Rome and Venice in temperatures approaching 100 degrees and these shoes did an admiral job in preventing my feet from boiling over and therefore I was extremely pleased with them. I did manage to get a whopping blister on the inside of my heal where the insole meets the fabric of the shoe on the first day but I don't blame the shoe for this for the following reasons... 1) I was wearing thin trainer socks for the first time, I normally wear thicker sports socks 2) The pronation of my foot was trying to go one way and the shoes were going "I don't think so" as exactly as they should, 3) It was the first time I'd worn the shoes for more than 2 hours, 4) It was almost 100 degrees..Read more ›
I always purchase ASICS Duomax soles as they inhibit mild pronation (rolling outwards) important for me.
Anyhoo the short of it is, these are incredibly soft, snug, sprung shoes. Wel made & finished. But (despite being an advanced 'Stepper/ ex dancer) I weigh 19 stone and the Gel Supports in the outside rear edge of the heels cannot support the weight meaning even when walking there is a lateral rolling action through heel strike to toe. Standing in them can make them pronate outwards and diagonally backwards.
I noted some other reviewers couldn't put their finger on calf muscle annoyances when using this shoe. Matbe this, to a leser degree is their problem.
Sadly a cursory fitting (they felt comfy) saw me throw the boxes away to save space at home!
My brother (half my wieght) takes same shoe size and I fear is about to get a decent better behaving pair of trainers!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fairly comfortable and durable with no serious design faults but overpriced against similar footwear IMO. Read morePublished 17 months ago by NNNN
Dad Loves them. Really comfortable and soft and they are really helping his bad legsPublished 23 months ago by Frank McKenna
Took a bit of time to get used to the high instep, then became a great pair of trainers.
If you don't need a high instep then maybe not for you. Read more
Always use these trainers never found any better. One thing I have found though and not just on mine, your big toe makes a hole in the trainer after time !! Read morePublished on 2 May 2013 by Paul