on 10 July 2012
(Source: Downloaded for free from Amazon.)
This is the second in a series of prequels, to the Grimm Diaries. (The first is Snow White Blood Red ( A Grimm Diaries Prequel #1 ) ( Edited and Revised ))
17-year-old Alice Grimm is a descendant of the famous, fairy-tale writing Brothers Grimm. She is flying to venice to inspect the remains of an 800 year old Italian witch, who has been found in her grave with 7 nails through her jaw, and seventeen glass slippers surrounding her.

There is a question as to whether this is possibly Cinderella, but Alice is fairly sure that it isn't. Cinderella has been cursed and trapped in a dream somewhere, and Alice believes that by helping the dead witch, she can help Cinderella.

With the aid of a dream-hunter called Loki, Alice goes into the dead witch's dream, in an attempt to help Cinderella.

This is the second prequel to the full novel `Snow White Sorrow', and introduces us to the character Loki, who I think is set to be a main character in the full length novel.

There is a lot of information crammed into this short story, which makes it difficult to follow at times, but once again the story does set the scene for the forthcoming novel.

The world in which these stories are set certainly seems complex, and while I wouldn't say that these prequels are compulsive reading, I would say that I am looking forward to `Snow White Sorrow' which is due for release in October!
6.5 out of 10.
on 8 April 2014
This short story has a slightly different feel too it as its from the view of a Dreamhunter, her job is to enter the dreams of the fairy tale characters to help guide them on the right track, this particular one is Cinderella's mother and Alice helps guide her to safety after a fire breaks out in Venice. Its cleverly thought of and theres a lot of facts and historical events in this one to illustrate exactly why Cinderella is called that and how she came to be. I think what I enjoyed most about this one is how we're made aware of a lot of important facts about her Mother and her magic but we're not actually introduced to Cinderella herself so it'll be interesting to either run into her in later prequels or the main book. I wonder if she's a witch and whether she's as dark as Snow White?
on 25 September 2012
I liked this little tale.. It follows an adventure of Alice Grimm and The dreamhunter Loki as try to find a glassblower and locate Cinderella. I found it a little confusing the first time I read it as I like to read at a fast pace. But I curled up on the sofa and enjoyed it so much more the second time around. It was nice to get to meet Loki, who we know will have a big part in the full Grimm Diaries.

If you want to read a fairy tale with a 'happy ever after' ending this mini tale isnt for you. However If you are like me and you love fairy tales but are a fan of slightly darker books, then why not check out this dairies prequels before the main book comes out.
on 17 February 2014
This is a short story taking place just before Cinderella's birth.
While I enjoyed the story I have to be honest and say the writing/editing needs more work. There were several grammatical errors through the story. As well as a completely random Twilight reference that really had no place being here.