Arts of the City Victorious: Islamic Art and Architecture in Fatimid North Africa and Egypt Hardcover – 11 Jan 2008
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'... a useful synthesis of past research ... This will rapidly become a set-text on every undergraduate syllabus ... a stimulating read.' --Mariam Rosser-Owen, Islamic Studies, 2009
'... a landmark study ... With its amazing array of illustrations and maps, it is also a feast for the eyes.'
--Delia Cortese, Journal of Shi'a Islamic Studies, Summer 2009
About the Author
Jonathan Bloom shares both the Norma Jean Calderwood University Professorship of Islamic and Asian Art at Boston College and the Chair of Islamic Art at the Virginia Commonwealth University with his wife, Sheila Blair. He is the author of the award-winning book, Paper Before Print, as well as co-author of Islam: A Thousand Years of Faith and Power and The Art and Architecture of Islam, published by Yale University Press.
Top customer reviews
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > History of Art & Architecture
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Styles & Movements
- Books > History > Middle East > Egypt
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Islam > History
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Multicultural Studies > Islamic Studies