- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Articulate Mammal (Routledge Classics) Paperback – 23 Mar 2011
Save an extra 10% with Amazon Student*
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
‘An excellent and very welcome guide to psycholinguistics…highly recommended.’
The Washington Post
‘The reader’s curiosity about the complexities of the mother tongue is kept right to the end.’
The Times Educational Supplement
‘This is an excellent text which would give the undergraduate student as fine an introduction to the field of psycholinguistics as is available today.’
About the Author
Jean Aitchison was Professor of Language and Communication at the University of Oxford from 1993 to 2003, and is now an Emeritus Professorial Fellow at Worcester College, Oxford. She is the author of numerous books on language and gave the 1996 BBC Reith lectures on the topic of ‘The Language Web’.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The strength of the book is that it is well written, is replete with examples and is fun to read.
-- Alex Carberry author of Know Yourself