An Arthur Ford Anthology: Writings By and About America's Sensitive of the Century Paperback – 15 Jul 2015
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Who Is Arthur Ford?
the medium . . . the cataly st . . . the unwilling Elijah . . . the man
Even those who knew him well struggle with this question. Now, more than a quarter century after his death in 1971, this anthology brings together a variety of perspectives to give us a fascinating picture of an extraordinary and complicated man.
He was catapulted into fame by his unrivaled talent as a medium, and his life was shaped by his efforts to understand and make peace with this gift. The veracity of the information he offered during trance was confirmed over and over, yet there always lingered that shadow of a doubt. Are these suspicions well-founded, or is it our own reluctance to accept the possibility that life continues after death?
About the Author
Editor of: An Arthur Ford Anthology Author of: I, Joseph of Arimathea Frank C. Tribbe worked as an investigator of the Works Progress Administration, as chief litigation officer for the Army Office of the Chief of Engineers, and as assistant general counsel for the U.S. Information Agency. Mr. Tribbe is a member of the Board of Trustees for the Academy of Religion and Psychical Research and has been the editor of Spiritual Frontiers since 1975. His other works include Creative Meditation; Portrait of Jesus?: The Illustrated Story of the Shroud of Turin; and Denny and the Mysterious Shroud.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Have always been interested in Arthur Ford, and that he channelled through an entity named Fletcher - I remember seeing old films where Ford's face would literally change and he would do his reading.
I was saddened that upon Ford's death, Fletcher considered himself free - like he too had a lesson to be learned, and he was so happy to move on - always felt sorry for him.
Will be an interesting read, but look under the tale and feel what I just told you - there is more to the story delve further down and you learn more about Ford, and Fletcher -
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Medical, Legal & Social Sciences > Psychology
- Books > Biography > Religious
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Parapsychology
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > New Age
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Channelling
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Earth-Based Religions > Spirit Communication
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Occult > ESP