Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 23 May 2002
For all those with a love for the fairy lore, I'd suggest this for you. Children and Adults alike.
Us "Mud People" have always thought Leprechauns were just little fellas in green suits with a pot of gold. How wrong we were! "LEP-Recon" is infact the Elven Police force for the little folk who were forced below the ground as humans tried to extinguish magic from the world centuries ago.
After a "Standard Recon." mission goes askew an agent is placed in jeopardy. The pixies will try all they can to get their agent back - they'd even try and stop time if they have to.
But have they met their match against Artemis Foul?
With thier dry sense of humour and high tech equipment, Artemis and his goons will have you laughing as much as the fairies do.
This is a work of pure brilliance.
Happy Listening
on 10 March 2003
My husband and I and our children aged 9 and 13 listened to this on a car journey.
The tape was brilliantly read - it is always crucial to have the right reader. I was riveted by the action and impressed by the imagination. Personally, I enjoyed the dwarf.
I don't think it's Die Hard with fairies, more The Day of the Jackal - all the technology is explained in detail.
It is much more hard-edged than Harry Potter, which I find self indulgent and derivative. Perhaps not as genuinely original as Philip Pullman, but only just.