- Hardcover: 224 pages
- Publisher: Capstone; Reprint edition (23 April 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0857080091
- ISBN-13: 978-0857080097
- Product Dimensions: 13.6 x 2.2 x 20.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (770 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 4,453 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- See Complete Table of Contents
The Art of War: The Ancient Classic Hardcover – 23 Apr 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
From the Inside Flap
The Art of War is an ancient Chinese classic that remains and international bestselling business and self–help manual to this day. With millions of copies sold worldwide in hundreds of translations, its central message of winning without conflict is as pertinent now as it was 2,500 years ago.
This edition also includes bonus material, the translated Sayings of Wutzu.
From the Back Cover
Sun Tzu′s ideas on survival and success have been read across the world for centuries. Today they can still be applied to business, politics and life. The Art of War demonstrates how to win without conflict. It shows that with enough intelligence and planning, it is possible to conquer with a minimum of force and little destruction.
This edition includes an introduction by Tom Butler–Bowdon that draws out lessons for managers and business leaders, and highlights the power of Sun Tzu′s thinking in everyday life.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
This version, is differentiated by a) the price; and b) Tom Butler-Browdon’s excellent introduction which frames the relevance of this manual for the modern reader, provides information about the historical context, and characterises the most successful warfare outcomes.
The size makes it commuter friendly as well as an easy task to finish. Given the brief and focussed nature of the text, it is not a book that lasts – but luckily the massive scope for applications leave enough food for thought that the book to have a lingering aftertaste.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Got this for a friend's birthday, he loves it. It's a nifty little book with nice poems about war, which are quite useful if you're into that stuff. Read morePublished 18 days ago by Amazon Customer
A wise man once said that "all warfare is based on deception". I have taken this message to heart, the Yorkie scum will not know what hit them. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Fionn Quilty
Well written. Intense book but in an easy to read format. Glad to be able to tick it of my bucket list.Published 25 days ago by Kindle Customer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Biographies & Histories > Business & Economic History
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Leadership
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Management Skills > Motivation
- Books > History > Military History > Strategy, Tactics & Military Science
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Other Religions > Eastern Mystical Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Warfare & Defence > Defence Strategy & Research