- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Art Therapy for Groups: A Handbook of Themes, Games and Exercises Paperback – 26 Feb 2004
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"From first edition "An excellent, stimulating account by an experienced art therapist of how and with what result this approach may be used in groups." - British Journal of Psychiatry"
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The author's style is clear and eminently useful. No doubt this comes from having been a teacher, community worker, probation officer and art therapist and having written and edited seven books on art therapy and mediation. Marian Liebmann is a writer who can communicate in words the essence of a therapy based on visual processes.
Art Therapy for Groups is as illuminating on group work as it is on art therapy. For a handbook it is delightfully non-prescriptive, offering 'some definitions', describing 'some benefits' of art therapy. There are numerous examples of groups, and starting points for specific client groups. Of most practical help are the no less than 389 themed exercises. With an excellent resources section to finish off, this is a veritable cornucopia of ideas for anyone using art therapy, with some invaluable guidance on group work generally.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Creative Therapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Ancillary Services > Physiotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Schools of Thought > Jung, Carl
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Counselling & Therapy
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Psychology Textbooks