The Art and Technique of Matchmoving: Solutions for the VFX Artist Paperback – 17 Aug 2010
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"The definitive text on an under-appreciated, but yet fundamental, profession within the Visual Effects Industry.
This book makes clear and approachable what can be a very technical, sometime arcane, subject that sits on the edge between Movie Production and Movie Post-Production.
It's a must-read for anyone starting out in Visual Effects, but also contains an abundance of information that even seasoned VFX Professionals won't already know, but should." - Jake Morrison, Visual Effects Supervisor, Tooth Fairy, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Iron Man 2
"The Art and Technique of Matchmoving is a must-have reference for anyone beginning their VFX career -- it's not only a textbook on Matchmove, but a practical guide to everything that goes on in the strange and wonderful world of Visual Effects. Erica brings humor and experience to demystify Matchmove and all that springs from it. I've been in this business for 14 years and I learned a thing or two!" - Joanie Karnowski, Senior VFX Artist, G-Force, Beowulf, Spider-Man 3
"For anyone who wants to learn the art of matchmove, this book is a must read. Erica not only gives an overall look at what matchmove is and how it works, she makes it easy to understand. Her book is a new addition to my toolkit." Michael "Mac" Condro, Matchmover, Stuart Little 2, The Haunted Mansion, Spider-Man 2
About the Author
Technical Director at Academy Award winning (most recently for The Golden Compass) Hollywood visual effects studio Rhythm and Hues. She was the VFX technical director on Spider-Man 3, and matchmover or senior matchmover on films such as Lord of the Rings: The 2 Towers, The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, SpiderMan 2, Polar Express, and dozens of other blockbuster movies. Erica is also an adjunct professor at Art Institute Online, teaching matchmoving, compositing, and other VFX related courses.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Programming > Graphics & Multimedia
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Cinematography
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Computers & Film