- Buy three titles for £20 from the qualifying selection when dispatched from and sold by Amazon. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Art of Spain [DVD]
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
|Price:||£7.00 & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Putting Spanish art on the map
We know that Italy and Northern Europe are renowned for their art, but what about Spain? In this absorbing and original series, Spanish art gains centre stage as art historian Andrew Graham-Dixon goes on the road to reveal the fabulous art treasures of the country.
Travelling from the south to the north he explores some of Europe's most important artists from Renaissance to Modernist – including Goya, Picasso, Dali, El Greco and Velasquez. And, going 'off the beaten track', he reveals rich insights into the culture and people who live and work with the greatest Spanish art and architecture every day.
From Moorish art and the Islamic legacy on Spain and Europe to Modernism, Seville to Barcelona, food and wine, Andrew reveals that Spanish culture is every bit as rich as Italy's, with a more surprising edge.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Andrew Graham Dixon brings these art programmes to life. Really interesting.Published 4 months ago by johnboy
Havn't read the SAPIENS yet but the Art of Spain is a VERY NICE WAY TO REVIVE MANY TRIPS TO SPAIN !Published 5 months ago by Bo Van D
Very fine. The second in this series, in particular, illuminated for me a key period of Spain's history and art which sets it apart from other Western art. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Alan J Herbert
A very cogent survey of the development of art in Spain, an often overlooked field. First episode about Moorish Spain particularly interesting in view of the present confrontation... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Rosemary Robson
Yet another triumph by Andrew Graham-Dixon, who gives an insightful background to the evolution of Art in Spain.Published 15 months ago by C. M. Evans