- Prime Student members get £10 off with a spend of £40 or more on Books. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Enter code SAVE10 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
The Art of Domestic Life: Family Portraiture in Eighteenth-Century England (Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art) Hardcover – 3 Mar 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'...a worthy runner-up for the Longman/History Today Book of the
Year...very extensively, pertinently and handsomely illustrated.' -- History Today, March, 2007
'[A] fascinating study of 18th-century family portraiture... Yes, it's all a bit sentimental, but it's also rather touching.' -- The Independent, 23rd June 2006
'[This] is a terrific book...deal[ing] with some of the most
entrancing images of the eightennth century.'
-- The Art Book, Autumn, 2006
About the Author
Kate Retford is a lecturer at Birkbeck College, University of London.