- Amazon Students Members Get an Extra 10% Off Selected Books Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Photography Book reviews
Art Beyond the Lens: Working with Digital Textures Paperback – 1 May 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
Fine Art Photographer, UK.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
This book will show you lots of inspiring images that give a clear impression of just how much can be achieved by blending digital textures and fills.
It will also give you a few pages of instruction of how to achieve the same sort of effects that she does, and I found that chapter the most useful part of the book.
It was only one chapter, and it certainly didn't justify the price of this book. Nor do the promised "free textures to get you started". There were three of them.
In summary then a brief and useful read that could have been a much cheaper ebook.
Inspiring and enabling, I found this guide thoroughly enjoyable to read and an invaluable source of information on creating digital art using textures (Sarah's advice to shoot with textures in mind was a revelation!) It is not a 'beginners guide' to using Photoshop, but if you have basic editing knowledge and can confidently work with layers, this book will take your standard of editing to the next level. It answered many of my questions and bridged gaps I didn't even realise I had! It is a book I will return to time and time again for inspiration and guidance.
I would highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in photography. It was the perfect gift for me, and will be well used, as well as looking gorgeous on my coffee table :)
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation