Customer reviews

on 8 May 2014
Really enjoyed this book, read it in two days! The ending a little flat but apart from that I would recommend anyone to read it. This is my 4th "Jon Stanton" series by Victor Methos bring on the next!!!!!
on 26 June 2012
I have now read all four of the Jon Stanton thrillers. I managed to get two of them free, and although I am grateful to have done so, I am also surprised. In my opinion, the author has somehow missed out on the recognition he deserves. He has created a good meaty series.

The writing is good. There are times when the dialogue actually made me laugh out loud (in a good way). The characters are interesting, and engender a pleasing amount of sympathy, mistrust etc without being obvious. Some of the characters are hard to completely dislike (even though they are bad 'uns) because they have little quirks or amusing one-liners. This is the sign of a good read.

The main character, Jon Stanton, is a great lead character. He does all the right things to make him a hero cop in a series of books, but he's also a mormon who doesn't drink or smoke or do the things that so many other lead cop characters do. Don't let that put you off however, he's not pious or judgmental. I don't know how Victor Methos has managed to make me like him, because this is the exact type of lead character who would normally grate on me. But he doesn't, I think partially because the richness of the surrounding characters and the stonkingly good plots.

The plotlines are well done. They pull no punches and those of you who like Slaughter, Peter James, Gerritsen et al will enjoy this writer.
on 18 May 2012
Another fantastic installment. fingers crossed they'll be more!
ive read all 4 now and each one is brilliant with a new type of murder. fast paced and a real page turner. Fantastic.!
on 23 August 2017
I've read all of the Jon Stanton books one straight after the other and thoroughly enjoyed every one. Can't wait to read more of Victor Methos books
on 14 June 2012
This is the 4th book in the series. I downloaded the 1st because it was free and have since read all 4. Well worth the price - interesting characters and fast moving stories. Will look out for number 5!
on 10 June 2012
Just finished this book on kindle,really enjoyed it,1st book read by this author,i'll look out for more...just one thing....a lot of spelling mistakes...sort it out :o)
on 8 February 2016
What a pleasant change. A detective that neither drinks smokes nor swears.A man of such integrity as to be almost out of place in his chosen career. Jon Stanton is not only a gifted and perceptive detective he is also a modern day superman . He is burned ,bashed over the head the guts the face the kidneys and shot multiple times kidnapped and still gets up and carries on . This is the fourth book in the series and I'm going to continue with next book if only to see what on earth can happen to him next. Excellent !
on 8 June 2013
An average book if I'm honest, none of the characters particularly stood out for me and I couldn't form any real attachment to any of them.

The story was alright, not a page turner by any means but it did keep your attention.

Lots and lots of grammar and spelling mistakes and quite a few sentences don't make any sense because whole words are missing, a bit sloppy from an author with several books, forgivable for someones self published first novel but not for anyone who's been at it a while.
on 12 November 2012
Yet another great read from this author. He has a way of creating sinister and menacing characters who just by the words used to describe them and their actions have the ability to frighten the reader they are so well drawn. This particular arsonist is no different, I was genuinely frightened by his callousness and deliberate evil. I literally read this book in a day. I would recommend this work to those fans of crime thrillers.
on 15 September 2013
This is the first of the Jon Stanton series that I read - I don't think it is the actual first book of the series? Anyway, it gave me sufficient background to Jon Stanton for me to really believe in him, and I enjoyed the book. I like the idea of a non-drinking, non-smoking, non-swearing Cop (the antithesis of the usual Detective, drunk, divorced and disliked by his superiors!) and will definitely be reading more.