Arrows of Desire: Films of Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger Paperback – 11 Jan 2002
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Ian Christie is a well-respected lecturer on film who has co-edited Scorsese on Scorsese, edited Gilliam on Gilliam and is the author of a study of the films of Powell and Pressburger, Arrows of Desire.
Born in Queens, New York, in 1942, Martin Scorsese seriously contemplated the priesthood but finally embraced cinema and, following Mean Streets (1973) emerged as the pre-eminent American director of his generation.
Taxi Driver won the Palme d'Or at Cannes in 1976; Raging Bull (1980) is considered the greatest American film of its decade. During the 90s, he made GoodFellas (1990) and Casino (1995).
In the past decade he has made, Gangs of New York (2002), The Aviator (2004) and Shutter Island (2010). He received an Oscar of Best Director for The Departed in 2007.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Its figures are atrociously reproduced.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > History of Film > Britain
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Film > Production & Technology > Direction & Production
- Books > Music, Stage & Screen > Performing Arts
- Books > Reference > Directories
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Communication Studies > Media & Communication Industries > Press & Journalism