- Save 10% on selected children’s books, compliments of Amazon Family Promotion exclusive for Prime members .
- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
The Armburgh Papers: The Brokholes Inheritance in Warwickshire, Hertfordshire and Essex, c.1417-c.1453: Chetham's Manuscript Mun. E.6.10 (4) Hardcover – 26 Nov 1998
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Exciting... the letters emphasise the determining role that familial, political and social relationships played in the lives of gentry families... illuminate(s) the litigation process, and all its attendant characteristics, with an unprecedented attention to detail. SPECULUM To the only four fifteenth-century letters collections has now been added a fifth... an important find... No previous letter collection has been so authoritatively edited on the legal technicalities. ENGLISH HISTORICAL REVIEW Dr Carpenter has put all students of fifteenth-century history and literature in her debt. MEDIUM AEVUM Exceptional document... warmly to be welcomed. It will be of most value to the growing band of historians interested in the social and political aspirations and activities of the gentry in the shires. Historians of gender will also find much valuable material. AGRICULTURAL HISTORY REVIEWThis volume is a treat. RICARDIAN (Richard Britnell)
About the Author
Dr CHRISTINE CARPENTER is a Fellow of New Hall, Cambridge, and Reader in Medieval English History at Cambridge University.
Top customer reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Essays, Journals & Letters
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Military
- Books > Biography > Historical > Britain > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Historical > Countries & Regions > Europe
- Books > Biography > Historical > Social & Urban History
- Books > Biography > Political > Britain
- Books > Biography > War & Espionage
- Books > History > Europe > Great Britain > The Plantaganets & Medieval England
- Books > History > Europe > Medieval
- Books > History > Social & Cultural
- Books > History > World History