- Enjoy £1.00 reward to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 reward per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
|Additional Blu-ray options||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Blockbuster producer Jerry Bruckheimer ups the disaster movie ante by envisaging the destruction of the entire earth by an asteroid the size of Texas. NASA's attempt to avert global catastrophe involves sending a motley crew of oil drillers, led by Harry Stamper (Bruce Willis), into space, where they will drop a nuclear bomb into the asteroid's core. Amongst Stamper's team is A.J. (Ben Affleck), the headstrong suitor of his daughter (Liv Tyler), who waits on earth alongside NASA chief Dan Truman (Billy Bob Thornton) for news of the mission's success.
It was in the summer of 1998 that two big blockbusters about meteors heading to earth went head to head at the box office. Deep Impact was generally regarded as the critic’s favourite. But for audience appreciation and box office gold, it was Michael Bay’s Armageddon that brought home the bacon. And lots of it.
It’s not hard to see why either. Armageddon throws in as many genre clichés as possible, and gets away with the vast majority of them. Thus, a great big disaster is threatening the earth, and an unsuitable mixed bag of recruits--led here by Bruce Willis’ Harry Tasker--is called up to save the day. Everything that can go wrong does go wrong, explosions abound, the ensemble cast are dragged to hell and back, and mindless entertainment ensues.
What’s more, it’s mindless entertainment that looks quite brilliant in high definition. Matched by a roaring surround sound track, the picture quality of Armageddon is terrific here, with every inch of potential destruction eeked out in some style by the 1080p video transfer. The disc is, sadly, very light on extras, but its home cinema credentials are without question. Plus, whisper it: the film was, is and always will be tremendously over-the-top fun… --Jon Foster
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
the all star cast is just amazing Bruce willis liv tyler and Ben Affleck what more can I say... well not alot or i'd spoil the plot lol a must see film.
Would you like to see more reviews about this item?
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category